1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin 50-40-90 club watch

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DeAleck, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This is a myth that keeps being perpetuated. Morey did not choose Lin over Dragic. He refused Dragic's demand for a 4th year player option. When Dragic decided not to sign, Morey went to Plan B which was Lin. (And remember we had no star on the team at that time.)

It was NEVER about choosing Lin over Dragic. it's about not being able to sign Dragic with Morey's refusal to grant player options. You can criticize Morey's policy of no player options. You can criticize Morey's decision of not upping the offer to retain Dragic. But it had nothing to do with a Dragic-Lin comparison.

That said. Dragic and Lin were quite comparable in that offseason. Both came up with unbelievable performances in a stretch when they were given a chance. It was a matter of believing at that time who would be able to sustain such level of play. Dragic for one season (2012-13) did not look like he could. He just exploded to a whole new level this season.

2. Nook

Nook Member

Just when I do not think that the insanity can get any worse..... I finally have reached the realization that no matter what happens there will be folks that believe that Lin is an elite player being held back by some other huge, ever changing obstacle.

3. omgTHEpotential

Please rename the thread to 'Jeremy Lin 40-30-80 watch

4. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

LOL. I cant believe we'll be paying $15 million into his bank next year.

5. naesoon

naesoon Member

Wow, you guys are pretty rich to pay him that much! For some reason, I thought the team's owner was paying Lin.

6. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

Please rename the thread to 'Jeremy Lin 40-30-80 watch ....

Highlight of MY MONDAY

1 person likes this.
  7. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Wait wait wait. You mean to tell me the only thing separating Lin from shooting 50/40 is playing him the same number of minutes every game?

Damn you McFail!!!

8. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

I can't believe we had a starting point guard last year we only have to pay $5 million for.

9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Man, I lmao'd

10. Akkuron

Akkuron Member

We're paying our starting small forward and third best player 900k. At this point I can believe anything.

11. BonziWellsGOAT

I love to see kneejerk threads a few months down the line lololol

12. davek

davek Member

I'm unable to create a thread so this may be a little off topic.
    Now that Asik is back in the picture, I think the team should figure a way for JLin to have more min with Howard and Asik with Harden. I know this sound absurd to some but to me it makes sense.

Harden is an iso player so he's more independent. I'm not a stats guys but I'm sure his performance is no different with Howard on.

Since JLin is more of a team PG I think we can maximize both of them on. We know how bad Asik handles passes. Is there anyway this can happen without hurting anyone ego?

13. langal

langal Contributing Member

is there a 40-30-70 club?

14. JeffGreen

JeffGreen Member

Beverly belongs to that club.

15. reliableman

reliableman Member

I was gonna say this is a useless thread, but this reply made it worth it!!!

16. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

lol you do realize that other players, such as Harden and Bev, are also in the same club right? There are many reasons to get upset he's getting paid 15 mil next yr, (even though you conveniently ignored the first two years' salaries) but this isn't one of them