1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin: 25 pts, 7 asts, 5 rebs, 2 stls (w/ Highlights)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LCII, Feb 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

[​IMG]

2. Laborer

Laborer Member

I'm not sure what people are so excited about. He missed several wide open jumpers throughout the night, his shot looks awful. He exploited an awful Nets defense that had no attention paid to him.

A ton of fun to watch those highlights and I couldn't be happier for the kid, but we're delusional if we think he's the Knicks' answer at the point.

1 person likes this.
  3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I love how people dismiss it as "against the Nets." How many PGs has played like that against the Nets?

I don't know if he can be an NBA starter. But I am pretty sure he is better than the other Knicks PGs so far. They were just dumb not using him more earlier.

4. mig0s

mig0s Member

And the Nets have Deron Williams as PG.

5. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

he had to play hard because if he loose he will
    [​IMG]
    his family

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Korea is different.... They lack millions of talents due to little population so they cling to every straw out there.

7. CoolColJ

CoolColJ Member

He's killing Baron Davis, so that's why he's getting playing time :)

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/lin_it_to_win_it_QTfLvSyckoIrvFOSHczXJL#ixzz1laU76V00

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

BTW right dude above looks the black Rashard Lewis.

9. SPF35

SPF35 Member

Morey and everyone else knows we are not a contending team right now. If we needed a contributor now, it might've been worth al ook at Lin over Flynn, but Flynn, a disappointing, albeit athletic lottery pick still has more upside over Lin, so in morey's situation, for our particular team ,you had to keep flynn on over lin

10. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

People are just excited because here's a guy who didn't get any Division 1 scholarships, went un-drafted and was basically dismissed until he fought tooth-and-nail to being featured on a national stage because of this game.

While I'm still holding out judgement until I see more of his play, I find his story to be tremendously inspiring and exciting. And I can't help but root for him :)

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

You missed the important part, he's Asian american

12. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

No, that isin't the important part. Why does everyone have to make a big deal about his skin color? People root for him because he's Asian. (not many in the NBA) People hate on him because he's Asian. (think he's only in the NBA cuz of his race and not hisskill)

People should focus on the fact that he's been doubted since Day 1, and still made it to the big league and just had a career night in Madison Square Garden with the crowd chanting his name. I am very happy for this kid and inspired by his story...regardless of my skin color or his.

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I have not seen anybody root against him cause he is Asian.

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

A lot, apparently.

Opposing PG's are carving up the Nets, statistically, posting a 19.3 PER...I think that's the worst number against PG's in the league, and maybe actually the highest number allowed against one position in the entire league. (clicking around a bit among the league's dregs; the closest I can find is GSW giving up a 19 to small forwards).

http://www.82games.com/1112/1112NJN5.HTM

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Intresting, now go look at the Rockets PG PER for and against....ROFLMAO !

DD

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I looked at it - the Rockets are +1.9, net. Pretty much what you'd expect. Why is this ROFLMAO? Or does it have something to do with Deron Williams mailing it in on defense (though he has no shotblocker behind him so his numbers are going to suffer naturally)

17. shutkip

shutkip Member

I don't think he's dead :p?

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

watched the vid over the weekend, IIRC, didnt he go right in almost all of those moves?

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Reference to this: http://thingstosayaboutstuff.blogspot.com/2010/02/charles-barkley-rips-paul-pierce-larry.html

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member