1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin: 25 pts, 7 asts, 5 rebs, 2 stls (w/ Highlights)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LCII, Feb 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

So he's like a really poor man's version of Derrick Rose.
    Also Lin can't shoot consistently. Its not like he flat-out CANT shoot ever.

2. YallMean

YallMean Member

I think Lin should play for China in Fiba games and Olympics. He has to do it. Not is going to get more exposure along with big time talents, he is also going get endorsement deals from China. China wants him and he should follow sooner than later.

3. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

I think he's taiwanese

4. YallMean

YallMean Member

He is born in the us, so he is an American. Right now, he chose to play for Taiwan because he didnt have to give up his us citizenship, for Taiwan not mainland China acquiesces with dual citizenship. However, Lin himself didn't rule ou the possibility to play for China in the past summer when he was over there representing dongguan tiger in asian club games. I am sure that can be done for Stren would be all over this as nba desperately needs a face in China right now give that Yi is not panning out.

5. SeabrookMiglla

Cuttng lin really made me raise an eye brow at the coachng staff and management. Favoritism?

He clearly out performed flynn in the pre season. No disputing that.

Remember, he almost single handedly won that game we had aganst the spurs. He made some really clutch plays, while flynn just dribbled around...
    He knows the game and is a smart player. Thats one thing liked about him, he also seemed to have a good general skill set. he would have been great for our waning asian fan base also. Very stupid move to cut him, i said it before and ill say it again.

now we are stuck with a dribbling machine, hopefully he pans out....

6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Are you doubting Morey?

His gestapo will crush you!

Morey doesn't make mistakes, you just don't understand his wisdom!:grin:

7. HoustonRockets

those highlights were awesome. I was impressed by his ability to finish and just his attack mentality the entire game. I think he had 3 and1s?

8. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

http://chinkballa88.xanga.com/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

This one includes his footage of his defense:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UcAkP9Bkdds" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

his parents were from taiwan so he's more attached to taiwan i think. btw Yi had had better games before yet still a bench warmer now. so the jury is still out on Lin.

11. VanityHalfBlack

Why the fock should he play for China when he could be playing in the biggest stage of his career right now which is the NBA?? Take that communist crap out of here man!!!

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

What? those two things do not overlap eachother

13. YallMean

YallMean Member

I was just saying that would be a good career move for him to get more exposure. That should in turn help his nba career. Nba players are also dying to play in the Olympics. Financially, him playing for China will be good for him and nba. Where is the communist crap you refer to in this calculus, hill billy, huh?

14. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Dude will get made by the system, enough said

15. YallMean

YallMean Member

Lins got the tools to succeed. Unlike Yi, Lin speaks the language and he should know how to thrive in the league. YI just doesnt seem to ever click with his teammates and never quite figured out how to help his teams win.

16. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Yeah, he clicks with his teammates. He stayed overnight at Landry Field's place after the Nets game. They are the next 2 guards to have a special relationship after Francis and Mobley. ;)

http://twitter.com/#!/JLin7/status/166011921466798080

#96 BetterThanEver, Feb 5, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  17. sinobball

sinobball Member

I have a source (a Taiwanese basketball journalist/commentator who now works in China, he accompanied Lin and his parents for ~5 days last summer on a China trip) who tells me that his parents are split. His father thinks he should play for Chinese Taipei while his mom thinks he should play for China. Just FYI. And before you ask me why this is important, remember he's Asian.

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Obviously Lin should play for team USA, replacing such scrubs as Deron Williams and Chris Paul.

19. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

He acknowledges both.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ARFmtP8tzms" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Is Jeremy willing to give up his U.S. citizenship though? or will China make an exception and allow him to obtain dual citizenship status?

Similar to South Korea allowing dual citizenship for "outstanding talents".

http://www.koreaherald.com/sports/Detail.jsp?newsMLId=20110721000736

[​IMG]