1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin: 25 pts, 7 asts, 5 rebs, 2 stls (w/ Highlights)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LCII, Feb 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Rockets didn't want to waive Lin, but they had to in order to sign Dalembert.

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Then Morey is an idiot. Clearly 3rd string PG is more important than starting C.

3. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

He is an idiot so far. Looking like one at least.

4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

As good as Lin looked tonight, there's no way you don't waive him to get Dalembert. Dalembert is the best most competent 5 we've had in a long time suit up for a long time since Yao's departure. If we had Sammy last season, he would have helped against the teams with legit bigs that gave use hell and probably would have made the post season. Just no way you can pass up on an experienced better than average 5 ever.

5. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Good for Lin but he wasn't going to be getting much playing time on this team if he stayed but it will really suck if he ends up making a real difference for the Knicks and affecting our pick. At the end of the day Dragic>Lin.

6. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

It was between paying an extra (whatever Flynn's salary is) versus keeping Lin, not between keeping Lin and signing Dalembert. We could have waived Flynn and signed Dalembert.

7. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

That's true if you completely ignore the money aspect of dropping Flynn over Lin.

8. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

Tebow vs Lin

9. spookyoldtree

spookyoldtree Member

[​IMG]

10. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Looks plenty thick to me. 200lbs. easy.

[​IMG]

11. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Its why I said earlier if things were FAIR. Meaning if its off MERIT and no money considerations.

Jonny Flynn is making $4.2 mil this season. Rockets would have to pay almost ALL his money if they waived him.

Though Lin only makes league minimum $750k, I believe Rockets are very near the cap less than a million away. Lins's contract might have put them right at or slightly over. If they were over, not only would Rockets have to pay a light bit of luxury tax, they would NOT get the shared lux tax from other teams. So Samuel Dalembert's contract instead of $7 mil would really cost them around $10 mil.

Also Flynn's expiring contract works as a nice salary matcher for trades. With little ol' Lin, Rockets would have incrementally slightly better team but less trade negotiation toward a star.

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

From what I can tell Warrior's fan never wanted to get rid of him. He was never going to get any decent playing time there though. Same situation here happened here I guess.

13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I keep reading he outplayed Wall in the Summer League too. Let's see if he can handle the pressure.

14. CoolColJ

CoolColJ Member

1 person likes this.
  15. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

16. delishman

delishman Member

This reminds me of a new radicals song....

You get what you give.

ONE HIT WONDERS.

Congrats on J-Lin's NIGHT.

He'll make money off of it for another 2 seasons...

and then use his Hardvard education for something far more important.

1 person likes this.
  17. delishman

delishman Member

He is an idiot. J.Hill and Thabeet could have managed it over Daelembert. Release Lin for Dalemebert. LOL. Dumb move. Backup backup PG is way more important than start C.

FIRE MURRAY!

18. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Cmon man, embed it

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SIIo6GNW70k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You can feel how epic his performance was tonight through the highlights. A lot of big plays and sick handles. Everytime he did a crazy layup, the crowd went wild.

19. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

It's more about Flynn vs. Lin than anything..

20. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

This is the kid that got zero D-1 scholarship offers coming out of high school(because he was asian).

A kid that got no D-1 scholarship offers is now in the NBA.

He went undrafted, had to join summer league teams for a chance at a roster spot, was waived by couple teams, and now on the biggest stage leads the Knicks to a win at the Garden.

Remarkable.

1 person likes this.