1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lamb as a leader

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Come_Again?!, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Come_Again?!

Come_Again?! Member

Hey everyone, Im still relatively new here but I've always been keeping up with this site. Hopefully this first thread is not a bust.

Anyway its no secret now that this guy can ball. He was beasting it up in the summer league and is as smooth a guy as I ever seen. He's so focused and seems unfazed by pressure and I know he can come up big down the stretch with some of the highlights I saw from Uconn but I still dont know too much about him.

That being said do you think Jeremy Lamb can become flourish into becoming the leader of this team? I find it hard to imagine him as the leading type with his sleepy demeanor and he doesn't strike me as a very vocal person but he is an interesting prospect.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Lamb is a reincarnation of T-Mac when it comes to "want to". One of the reasons his stock fell. Kenna Walker was the leader on UConn.

3. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Leader by example, maybe.

He's a rookie though. It will take a while before he'll have to take on any kind of leader role.

4. zcity

zcity Contributing Member

Team is still being formed . . . Dude has not had his first training camp.

Let's give him a second to adjust and develop before we anoint him leader . . .

So far so good - but it's Vegas . . .

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

Let's actually throw him into an NBA game with far more polished defenders than SL players, and see if that still rings true.

And what do you mean becoming the leader? Being the clutch player with 2 seconds left? Being the source of advice?

I don't think he can do it, tbh, regarding something like Battier's role when he was with the Rockets; being something like the vocal leader is something I don't see happening.

6. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

He is a very interesting prospect, and people do tend to knock him (and another former Rocket) for their sleepy demeanor. But just because these guys look sleepy doesn't mean they cant be good vocal leaders. (soap box moment)

I do think that when these guys get in the heat of the battle that the true leaders will step up, and I think that Jeremy Lamb could be that guy. But something tells me that that guy (if he's still here) would be Royce White. He just seems to have more of a us vs. them, "he ain't want no part of me" type of mentality.

BTW I think it was a good 1st thread, I also think a poll would've been pretty cool just to see what everybody else is thinking...

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

a) Let's see if he's even on the team come training camp first

b) Let's see if he's not terrible in actual NBA games before we proclaim him the team captain

8. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

[​IMG]

9. jacoby

jacoby Member

Leader? I doubt it. It'll be interesting to see what he says in the team huddles though.

"Iight, so umm... tonight's a big game tonight. We're playing umm... the Celtics and uhh... they're pretty good. Umm.... if we work hard we can uhh... we can umm.. yeah we can beat them.

*yawns*

"iight bring it in."

10. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

As of right now, Lin is the de facto leader as the starting PG and only guy that the team has committed to for the next 3 years. He seems to have some good leadership qualities, like rising up in clutch situations and talking and directing others on the court. What he lacks is gravitas and experience. He's no Larry Bird out there.

Obviously Martin is way more of a veteran, but Martin has never been a leader and his time here is numbered.

11. gah

gah Member

Leading the pack on the way to ORL.

12. slabhurta

slabhurta Member

Don't see it. I see this more with R.White. although I can see lamb being our leading scorer.

13. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

agreed

14. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Was Donte Green a leader? He balled in summer L

15. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Reggie Miller clone - assassin extraordinary.

16. Jman713

Jman713 Member

Chandler Parsons is but in a couple of year Lamb prob would be.

17. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Lambs are followers not leaders....silly.:)

[​IMG]

18. HtownRocket1

HtownRocket1 Member

he'll be a superstar

19. thisiscaketown

Depends. For the time being, the captains seem to be Pars

20. thisiscaketown

Depends. For the time being, the captains seem to be Parsons and Lin, unless someone else decides to take up the mantle of "leader".