1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeopardy! 7/13 with Spoilers!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Robert Snyder, Jul 13, 2004.

1. Robert Snyder

Robert Snyder Contributing Member

LAST WARNING, SPOILERS FOR THE 7/13 SHOW ARE BELOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeopardy airs early in Lubbock at 11:30am. Ken Jennings went on a roll again, especially in the Double Jeopardy round, and won with $32,000 giving him an amazing total of $1,004,960. He is the 2nd contestant to earn over $1 million dollars, and today was Ken's 30th show.

2. daNasty

daNasty Member

Sounds like Jeopardy desparately trying to get their rating up by bringing in not so bright contestants against this guy.

3. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

It starting to make me not want to watch.

4. DanzelKun

DanzelKun Contributing Member

What about that AP report a week or two ago that said he loses? Was that bogus?

5. dean

dean Member

he might've lost already because all of the week's 5 episodes are taped during one day.

6. candycane

candycane Contributing Member

I watched the first couple of minutes of yesterday's show and the dude ran the first 3 categories. Neither of the other two contestants attempted to answer a question before the first commercial break.

7. drapg

drapg Member

That makes this feat even MORE impressive to me. Soundly thrashing ten people in one day during five consecutive games must be mentally freakin' draining!!!

I bow humbly before the Jeopardy King.

8. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Actually I read somewhere (may have been the other thread) that he is at home right now. But that can be attributed to the fact that they tapes their seasons worth of episodes last February.

9. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

How could someone else have already won a million if they just recently dropped the rule about consecutive appearances?

10. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I was wondering the same thing... :confused:

11. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Tournament of Champions

12. Astro101

Astro101 Member

Yea I read they had a one million dollar jackpot or something...so technically that's the highest added in with other winnings.

13. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

BOLD PREDICTION!

read somewhere that he is scheduled to be on the late night shows and morning shows next week, like monday. which means he will lose THIS WEEK. you know they can only start interviewing people after they are off the show, like AI and Apprentice.

anyway... just a random prediction by me.

14. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Sorry, but incorrect.

I heard an interview with the guy on a local radio station here so that must not be a rule

15. drapg

drapg Member

Yeah, not true. The late night dudes only CHOOSE to interview them after they leave the show because it is a "television event" when they leave, and they want to cover it.

They could have interviewed Jesse Palmer whenever he wanted, and I heard him on tons of radio programs talking about his show throughout the course of the airing.

They choose NOT to interview them while they are televised on the show b/c all of their answers are "I can't say" or "I'm not allowed to answer that."

Once they're booted off the show, they can say whatever they want, except for disclosing the eventual winner.

16. Matador

Matador Member

Ken was on Letterman last night doing a top 10 list of things to say to piss off Alex Trabek. :D

17. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i've never seen a guy roll two people like i saw today.

about a week ago, one person was negative going into final jeopardy and the other was barely positive, and then the next day, one guy answered the very last question, otherwise both the other contestants would've been negative (which i guess means ken would've just bet against himself in final jeopardy). now, he ties the one day record two days in a row. two days ago he ties the record simply b/c he wouldn't bet enough in final jeopardy (had 37k, only bet 15k), then yesterday he stomped them again but only bet enough to tie the record (34.6k, bet 17.4k).

those 4 performances don't even compare. today was just ugly. 46,000 to 6,400 going into final jeopardy. could have bet up to 33,200 without losing the game! that's absurd. granted, it seemed like i was answering every single question in double jeopardy too, but he still had to beat the other people on the buzzer. he did miss final jeopardy, but the first two rounds were more domination than i have ever seen. i've gone from rooting for him to lose to still wanting him to lose but enjoying the dominance at the same time. just amazing.

18. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

Yeah I saw the other day when he was kicking ass on the alcoholic drink answers, and he's mormon - they aren't supposed to drink! I also saw him last night on Letterman. Then I saw his show today when he broke a million. I've seen more of him this past week than I have his entire Jeopardy career.

19. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

This guy is the best thing to ever happen to Jeopardy. I sure hope it's not rigged.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

What do you people do that you have time during the day to watch jeopardy?

:)

DD