1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jenni Rivera, Mexican-American singer, missing after plane disappears in Mexico

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by atomicanderz, Dec 9, 2012.

Tags:
  1. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Damn, hope they find the black box. RIP

2. vaioavan63

vaioavan63 Contributing Member

Guess narcos werent too fond of her or her music

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

You guys know what they are showing on telemundo right now?

Selena.

Actually, they broke coverage to cover this story, but they were showing Selena.

4. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

What a tragedy.

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Not that weird actually, considering they play it like 10 times a week. I always forget how young she was when she died. It would be like Taylor Swift dying this year.

6. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

7. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Its been confirmed?

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Yes bodies found. Lupillo Rivera is her brother which is a well known singer too if not more.

9. AXG

AXG Member

She died in the plane crash along with six other people.

10. TISNF

TISNF Member

Terrible story, even though I had never heard of her (nor had either of my Mexican friends).

I recall the news around Selena...that was also disastrous. I guess my question is: was Rivera as popular as Selena? I even got an "AP Breaking News" popup on my iPhone so I assume she must be pretty well known.

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

She wasn't as popular, but still very popular. Not an expert on either, but i think one difference in popularity was Selena was more versatile with her music. Also, i would say it was hard to find anyone who disliked Selena, and that wasn't always the case with Rivera.

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Selena was Madonna/beyonce/spears status. She was more Kelly clarkson.

13. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

14. TexasTofu

TexasTofu Member

Salespeople are the scum of the earth . There skill is swindling people for a living basically. Even teh guy selling wheelchairs and hearing aids, complete scum.

15. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I really don't understand the point of this post nor do I agree with its contents.

16. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Don't dare try to compare Ms. Rivera with Selena. They are TOTALLY DIFFERENT upbringings, different cultures, different attitude, different character of women, and different fans.

Selena would NEVER use profane language either on camera, with friends, with fans, or anything. She would never start any controversy or heated debate. She would never be involved with anything in a negative light.

If Rivera is confirmed dead, and we've actually seen that she has passed, by all means R.I.P. Jenni Rivera. :eek:

It seems odd, however, that it was Rivera's publicists and P.R. people the ones that first sent out photos of the wreckage. Why didn't we get this from news outlets or other media? Why is it that when Univision and other local news peeps showed up to Rivera's mom's house, people were mad and trying to run them out of the street, instead of saying we are waiting on confirmation? This was Sunday morning. It just seems really odd that we haven't seen her body. There have been people saying the plane blew up in mid-air and that this would be the reason why the bodies aren't found. I don't believe in that.

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Um...you don't think it's possible a plane crashed and didn't leave bodies intact enough to ID on sight alone? On top of that, any fire would have gone uncontrolled and probably burned remains, making it even tougher to ID, or show.

As far as her family being mad, it wouldn't be the first time a family chased off reporters while dealing with the loss of a loved one. It was likely, even at the time, that she was dead.

18. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I completely agree with him, salespeople are scum and make a living off swindling people.

interesting. But what are you getting at? They faked her death? Foul play involved (drunk/under influence pilot)?

19. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

This seems very reasonable. I've read that her brother is on his way to Mexico to identify her remains but they didn't say if actual physical remains. IDK.