1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Jemele Hill] Colts should take RGIII not Luck

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by kevC, Jan 4, 2012.

1. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

http://espn.go.com/espn/commentary/...not-andrew-luck-right-pick-indianapolis-colts

I thought this would be a good place for Jemele Hill jokes.

I'll start it off:

Jemele Hill's next article: Cam Newton and Michael Vick should be in the Pro Bowl instead of Rodgers and Brees.

Jemele Hill's next article: Why Kevin Love is actually not a good basketball player and Beasley is better.

Jemele Hill's next article: Tavaris Jackson - underrated

Jemele Hill's next article: If Jamarcus Russell was white, he'd get another chance

If Carson Palmer was black, she would write an article defending the trade.

If Jerry Sandusky/Joe Pa was black, she would write an article defending them.

2. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Everything she stated sounds good to me...Except the Pro Bowl comment...And black people dont **** with pedophiles (for future references)...so if Joe Pa or Sandusky were black, I dont think anyone would give a damn

3. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Really? :rolleyes:

Why the F would the Colts draft RGIII with the first overall pick if they could just trade down for him? If the premise is that they're trying to win now, why would they even draft a QB in the first place? Hill is so backwards with her racism-baiting that she spews diarrhea like this on a daily basis.

And really? No one would care that a man raped children for years under the guise of a charity because he's black?

#3 kevC, Jan 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

My bias is better than your bias!!!

5. The Drake

The Drake Member

Funny because they're true?

6. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I think Jemele Hill catches too much flack, at least from a lot of posters on this board. That article was just her opinion and it is not as outlandish as you're making it out to be.

7. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Andrew Luck is the better white quarterback.

...and I think that's what it all boils down to.

8. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Haven't read the article. I refuse to give her an additional hit. RG3 might be better than Luck. (I am not a huge Luck fan. He had an awesome offensive line and a good run game; it makes your job a lot easier.) But, you still take Luck first and trade down if you want RG3.

After seeing the post, I was trying to remember who has been defending her articles recently (last one posted was the Sanders/Suh teehee?)

Apparently Pun!

9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

This.

10. Major

Major Member

The reason the Colts will almost definitely take Andrew Luck is fairly simple, regardless of whether they think he's the better player. If RG3 is evaluated to be better, it will only be by a tiny bit. And if you take Luck and RG3 turns out to be better, you'll never get criticized for it. If you take RG3 and Luck turns out to be better, the new GM will probably never get another job.

11. Major

Major Member

That said, the article doesn't make the argument most people think it does. It doesn't really argue that RG3 is better than Luck - it basically says its easier to keep Manning and let RG3 develop on the bench than it would be with Luck.

12. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Still crazy to me the colts could go from Manning to Luck have those guys for 20+ years that seems almost unfair...

But you take Luck no question don't get too smart hes been the rumored #1 pick for like 2 years

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

and if Jemele Hill were white, kevC wouldn't be posting this article.

1 person likes this.
  14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Don't like Jemele Hill normally, but this article is not written as a race baiting article (even though her racial bias may subconsciously be why she wrote it)

Her point isn't that RGIII is a better prospect, a better draft pick, a better person, a better fit for that offense, etc. Her point is that the Colts can win now with Peyton and Peyton probably doesn't want to stay with the Colts if they draft Luck because he doesn't want a QB controversy.

Now, she may be wrong about how Peyton feels (she's probably right) and she may be wrong that there would be a QB controversy at all in Indy with Peyton at the helm (she's probably wrong) but this article doesn't deserve to be mocked the way it was in the OP.

15. Kronos

Kronos Member

Colts should keep Peyton and make an enormous trade down with someone like the Niners(big Niner fan as a kid) for #1 pick. Texans only deal with Peyton for the next few years instead of another 14 years against Luck. ;)

Win-win for everyone! Especially since RG3 is going to be a bust imo for a top 10 pick, but will be avg in the NFL eventually.

16. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

No, because if he were black, he would've been under the cell or at the very least fired , after the 1st allegation .. Wouldnt be 1/10th of the story now... Try again with the race card.... Not a good look!!!

17. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

KevC , were you starting off this "comedy" session looking for people to finish it for you??.... I think it's finished now bro....

18. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I don't think I've overly defended her but just like Major and just said above, the article isn't so outlandish to be mocked the way it was in the OP.

19. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Okay then ask yourself this: Would Jemele Hill have written this article if RGIII was white given her race-baiting track record? Don't think so.

20. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I dont think RGIII would write this if he were white... What's your point?