1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jefferies - Overpaid How ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kmav23, May 8, 2010.

1. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

The reason he is so overpaid is because during a contract year playoff series against the cavs, Jefferies did a good job defending Lebron. Thinking he would be a major piece, Isiah signed JJ to an offer sheet for the full MLE (similar to what Morey did with Ariza).

1 person likes this.
  2. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

what is this 5 number you mention..please... go on ?

1 person likes this.
  3. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Bingo. He was also somewhat efficient offensively out there too.

Call me crazy but I really like Jeffries off the bench as a guy that can play anywhere and reak defensive havoc. He is very good defensively. He would be a great keeper at about $2.5 million per.

4. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

At the time Jared Jeffries was the only University of Indiana Hoosier in the NBA.

Sooo of course Isiah gave him the full MLE.

5. wyo-ming

wyo-ming Rookie

i think the knicks found out his value too late he is kind of a luxury but so is chuck hayes & jj can defend 4 of 5 positions besides i think he is doing some things that will change the mind of some rockets fans you will see his value next year assuming he is around

6. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

The same way Shane Battier has $7.3 million in salary coming his way.

1 person likes this.
  7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

By being one of the best defensive wings in the NBA and shooting over 40% on 3's?

No, I don't think so.

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

Hope kmavs doesn't start a "Dampier - Overpaid How ?" thread in the Dish.

9. Kwame

If you don't think Battier is overpaid then you're delusional. No only did the Rockets overpay to acquire him, but his contract is horrible. Go look at players who put up comparable numbers and play similar roles for their team, and you will not find anyone that was acquired via a lottery pick nor anyone receiving as much money as Battier.

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Daryl Morey would have a hearty LOL at these Kwame posts on Battier.

Absurd...

:grin:

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Oh you are one of those guys that looks at ppg and nothing else. I get it.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

kwame's always been a notorious Battier hater. When you point out that Battier has won a lot of games for us, while Gay has lost a lot of game for Memphis during the past few years, he just ignores the facts and continues to rant against Battier.

When you point out that Gay can be had now if the Rox really want him, he still keeps on ranting against trading an 8th lottery pick for Battier, despite the fact no pick after the 8th in that draft class amounted to anything better than a role player.

I'd just ignore him and move on. No way you can win an argument against a hater like him.

1 person likes this.
  13. Kwame

As usual, your post is filled with no substance. I would ask you to explain why you think my post is "absurd," especially since the what I say is factually correct, but I've noticed that you're extremely weak when it comes to analysis and critical thought.

Reading is fundamental. What part of comparable numbers, similar roles for their team, less cost associated with their acquisition, and less pay did you not understand? I guess you're like knote32, one of those blind, delusional Battier supporters. I get it.

14. Kwame

Blah, blah, blah....same old tired rhetoric from you. Take the blinders off. Your hero worship and irrational support doesn't allow you to think critically. If Battier has won "a lot" games for us, how come he couldn't help Memphis win a playoff game....ever? Also, aren't you the same guy who thought Joey Dorsey won two national championships? Lol.

15. Kwame

How did I miss this gem? Lol. Keep making yourself look silly roslolian. You've demonstrated your lack of basketball knowledge on many occasions so it comes as no surprise to me. Next time take a little time out to do a little research before you start ranting and calling people names.

16. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Your fledgling posts on Shane Battier have become a comical treat on Clutchfans, and I wouldn't want to ruin a good thing.

I think you should bring back the Matt Barnes comparisons, those were rich...

[​IMG]

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

[​IMG]

18. Kwame

Lol, all you can do is post a picture in response. Haha, I guess that's your way of saying you have nothing to back up your previous post. I didn't think you did.

What specifically about the Matt Barnes comparisons were "rich?" Similar roles, similar functions, and similar stats for both guys. The differences might be rich, I suppose. Barnes has helped more than one team excel in the playoffs and was acquired via free agency, and only makes about a mill per year while Battier couldn't even lead the Grizzlies to one playoff victory in their history, was acquired via a lottery pick, and is overpaid. Just the facts, knote32, just the facts.

What, no homoerotic comments? Carl, you're slipping. In all seriousness, I don't see what James Posey signing with the Hornets has to do with any of this. The post of mine you were replying to clearly stated:

"Go look at players who put up comparable numbers and play similar roles for their team, and you will not find anyone that was acquired via a lottery pick nor anyone receiving as much money as Battier."

Posey was acquired for MLE money by New Orleans via free agency. Much like Shane, James is on the decline. The difference is that Posey has helped more than one team win a championship.

Hopefully I'll see you during Summer League if you can make it here again.

19. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

"The man who invented the boxscore should be shot..."

Daryl Morey

:grin:

You strike me as a guy who looks up the stats. Not at all astonished to hear that...

20. Kwame

Still nothing to stay when confronted with facts. Read the whole post again, especially the part about similar roles and functions. Reading is fundamental, but I suspect you have nothing to say, because all you seem to be able to do is make weak attempts at humor, post smileys, and pictures. Doesn't surprise me though.