1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeff Van Gundy's Revenge Bikini Body

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, May 29, 2010.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

[​IMG]

http://www.boston.com/sports/basket...dy_turns_new_career_into_a_no_lose_situation/

Excellent article on Jeff as a broadcaster... not that it's not apparent to any of us who listened to him on the ABC/ESPN broadcasts that he's going pretty well since being dumped by Reggie Bush (or rather the Rockets).

Not quite ready to get back to coaching, it seems... having watched Stan coaching Vince Carter probably won't help...

Another interesting bit: Apparently ESPN has told him to "celebrate the game more." Didn't the Rockets front office (and fans) b**** about him being too negative in interviews while a coach? I personally think the guy is/was just being honest... and his comments as broadcaster are not where near his glum post-game interviews.

1 person likes this.
  2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

wow espn really? JVG is one of the few broadcasters in ANY sport that im not indifferent to or actually dislike listening to.

3. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

I seriously hope JVG doesn't change his broadcasting style, cause I love him in that role the way he is. He's awesome and candid.

4. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Where can I see those pics of Kim?

5. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Thanks for posting this Carl.

6. amazinghappens

Marc Jackson is not that great at opening lines he uses the same lines over and over.

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

Anyone else think it gets annoying when JVG and Mark Jackson disagree?

I mean, sure, 2-3 times in a game is fine, but they seem to disagree on every single thing.

"That's not a foul." - JVG
    "That's CLEARLY a foul." - MJ

"Nate Robinson should not dance." - JVG
    "Let Nate Robinson dance!" - MJ

Again, they bicker and try to 1-up each other all the time. I feel bad for Mike Breen, because he has to sit next to the married couple.

8. conquistador#11

'Van Gundy said he’s been told by ESPN that he needs to “celebrate the game’’ more'

Translation:
    The commissar is breathing down our neck. He does not like the way you throw nba officiating under the bus.

I wish JVG would team up with Bill for the rockets broadcast. A salary equal to or a little more than Bill's, plus free tickets to Texans games.

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Nice idea. Where do I sign up?

10. RocketsFan09

RocketsFan09 Member

I think JVG is one of the funniest and most honest commentators in all sports. He doesnt try to defend the referees nor the players and calls it what it is. I dont think that the commentators of sports should act like the marketing/PR arm of the NBA/NFL/Whatever and try to cover up for the refs and/or the players, they should just comment on whats going on, whether good or bad.

I hope he doesnt change his style.

P.S. Did anyone catch it during game 5 of the ORL BOS series when nate blocked DH and it think it was Mike Breen who was like, Nate got a block on Yao when JVG was coaching and JVG was like, "Yea, Yao also had 35 that night" "nate had a good game for that one play" and so on, i thought that was hilarious...

man, this post turned out to be longer than intended...oh well :cool:

11. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Man would that be awesome... I'm sure ESPN gives him more than FSNSW ever would, though.

12. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Don't turn around uh-oh! (sha-sha) Der Kommisar's in town, uh-oh!

13. OvenproofBadger

JVG is probably my favourite broadcaster, he combines critical analysis with a funny wit. I love how he doesn't go with what every1 else says just for the hell, he speaks his mind and its a joy to hear

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

JVG is the best commentator on either ESPN or TNT. He is a pleasure to listen to. I hope he doesn't change.

15. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

He said they were all friends, and Van Gundy immediately rescinded his comment after Nate hit the next three. I actually thought they were started to agree more, they used to disagree much more it seems.

16. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

THE NBA: "Where soft happens", lol.

17. TheReason

TheReason Member

I think Jeff is the only commentator out there who actually adds to the game. I genuinely get upset when my buddies talk over him when we're watching the game, and that's rare (well... maybe not. I actually do the same when Artest's being interviewed cause he's just comedic gold lol).