1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Jeff] Excellent blog on Washington Ave

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Batman Jones, Aug 27, 2009.

1. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Not Washington Ave., but here is a new story about douchebag condo owners getting pissed off about a bar they knowingly moved in adjacent to.

I don't know why, but this sort of stuff really annoys me.

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

because those people are assholes. not only do they move into a place right next to a bar, they are assaulting people for actually having the nerve to frequent the establishment.

3. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

What DOESN'T annoy you?

Damn dude it must suck to be pissed off at the world all the time.

4. rhadamanthus

And no doubt they'll have it closed soon thanks to the lawsuit forthcoming because the owner had the gall to try and stop people from soaking his christmas party. :mad:

I guess it especially annoys me because it reeks of class warfare. And the "haves" are winning.

5. rhadamanthus

Good sex. With your mom. ;) :p

If you're not pissed off, you're not paying attention.

6. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

I'm afraid she's pretty content with The Thadeus.

1 person likes this.
  7. rhadamanthus

See, now that annoys me. *shakes angry fist at thadeus*

8. Crocketball Fan

Incredible thread about my 2nd home for nearly ten years. I got a job at Rockefeller's in mid '91 and worked without interruption other than school until late '98 in the 3600 block of Washington. Continued playing music there until late 2001 when I had some health problems and took an unscheduled break from the night life there.
    I remember almost buying a crack house on Center St because I thought my destiny was Washington Ave.
    I have to say that the current situation of non-vacant lots and functioning businesses was the intent when the Houston Ave/Washington Ave corridor group formed in the late 90's. Too many vacant lots- too many absentee owners, etc etc. Once I moved to downtown/midtown in 2000 to build and co-own the Continental Club following my Rockefeller's/ Satellite Lounge. Big Time Cafe odyssey I never really felt like coming back. Midtown actually pretty much sucked to live in at that time- rail construction, crackheads that will throw cinderblocks through your windshield of your ****ty 20 year old Suburban, etc etc. Worth it on all counts once the light rail opened. War, really, from 2000-2003. Now Washington has done what Richmond, Shepherd Plaza and lower Main St did- too hip, too quickly. Not tenable. Jerk-offs and valets everywhere. This will level out, though, and Washington will be a great place for the cream of the current crop and other bars that take over closed down Guido spots. I would avoid is like the plague except for Benjy's (always great) and maybe a coupe of other small places on Mondays and Tuesdays.
    True about Rudy T and Billy G at Satellite. God bless and RIP Keith Coit, who did both Satellite and Big Time Cafe. What a huge catalyst for great things- gone but not forgotten. Thans, G for the kind words. Still think about Washington Ave and my career there every day- even out here in Marfa
    Go Rox! Still love H-Town like nothing else! - David B

9. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

The word douche is waaaay overused these days...

Seems like anyone that dresses nice and/or drives a nice car and/or gets table service at a lounge is called a douche as well.

10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I agree, I tend to only use it to refer to douchy kids from southern california that I see on the college campus. The ones that wear baseball caps with the stickers still on them among other things irritating things.

11. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

douche alert

;)

12. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

a little self conscience eh?

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Douche is the new HATER

Rocket River