1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JB says Rockets a "broken team"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kjayp, Feb 11, 2016.

1. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Anyone have the Trailblazers tweet where they heard Jason Terry yelling "No team chemistry at all, just a mess" or something like that after the game, walking to the locker room? If he's saying this the locker room has to be unbearable.

2. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Terry needs to go. I don't care how bad the locker room is, you don't go airing that to the media, especially in that way.

3. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

Agreed!!It's on him to fix it. Also Harden is kinda fibbing saying he does not know how to fix it. To me that means our current team stinks!! That is not a reflection of Howard, but with that statement think Beverley, T Jones, DMO who has talent, but is not playing, Dekker a first round pick that looked really bad from what we have seen, KJ Mc Daniels who offensively is still lacking and Brewer.

Harden is looking for Morey to be really busy at the trade deadline not for a 3rd star, but for bench help. Lawson needs to go Harden does not want to admit that but he's starting to realize it.

JB may have already lost the locker room. He may be telling the truth, but unfortunately you cannot sound like us (fans) when you are talking to the media as a head coach. He can salvage his season by proving he is learning from his mistakes and that he can lead this team even if its against the grain to play basketball the right way.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jason Terry walks through the media room on way to the locker room. &quot;No chemistry with that group. F****** horrible.&quot; <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CSNBlazers?src=hash">#CSNBlazers</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ripcity?src=hash">#ripcity</a></p>&mdash; Eric Ringering (@ringering45) <a href="https://twitter.com/ringering45/status/697664478993756164">February 11, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 person likes this.
  5. Valen

Valen Member

When a coach says a team is broken. He is essentially saying "It's time to blow it up." I hope Morey will make some major trade moves before the deadline.

6. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Why did Morey pick JB the head coach?

7. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

8. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

The system is broken. LeBron couldn't win a championship with Cleveleand during his first stint, so how can we? Granted, we have better role players than Cleveland had, but also Harden is no LeBron.

9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Because it's stupid to sign a coach mid-season. Do you see any other teams signing coaches from outside the team? When a coach is fired, almost always the assistant coach gets promoted to see if he can right the ship while keeping everything else continuous. New coach means new system and personnel, which is never a good idea in the middle of the system.

10. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

Please tell what & when Morey should have done. Firing a head coach that Les is to be paying for another two years was a big step that does not seem to be paying off. Don't think Les wants to be paying for a third coach salary this year.

Don't think anybody wants to trade for C Brewer, would have to give up 2 rd pick and $ to get rid of him.

We have salary cap restrictions to consider on any trade. If we trade ARIZA who is going to play defense? Not Harden ! Nobody predicted the decline of P Beverly. DMO not healing up.

11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, I was thinking about posting this article early this morning... But I was thinking it didn't really matter, since we already knew JBB isn't "the guy" and the team is broken.

Hopefully something great happens at deadline, but it's doubtful. Looking back I think they should have just tanked, but I don't think anyone thought it would get this bad. I mean the idea was the playoffs, but I'm sure by this point the team knows they're broken.. I'm actually surprised JBB is still coaching, I think anyone could manage player rotations better than this, and I've actually seen kids do a better job on nba 2k with knowing when a player is ****ty, just pathetic.

This is how JBB coaches, "I know you're hitting shots and helping the team, but I need to bench you... (insert ****ty player's name) you're up!"

PS, I also know the team can't hire star coaches mid-season, but ****... At this point a fan might as well coach the team.

12. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

This is all on morey. Mchale was supposed to be a transition coach. He should've been fired after the portland series and replaced with a real coach.

13. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Let it break some more! Cant wait for some changes

14. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">If we could wager on the 2016 NBA trade deadline. I'd bet on Horford/Teague/Dwight getting traded, and I'd put down a longshot bet on Blake.</p>&mdash; Bill Simmons (@BillSimmons) <a href="https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/697814203172679682">February 11, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

What I heard earlier this morning echoes what JB said. This team is more than broken and a great deal of resentment is building up, mainly because James and Dwight feel alone, in the sense that they don't have guys helping them out. At this point, I don't get the feeling that Dwight will be traded, unless HE asks for a change. From what has been said, he wants to be here, unless he's changed his mind in the last two weeks. But, I guess, anything is possible in the final hours.

Nobody knows what was discussed with Morey. If I had to bet, it went along the lines of getting each player's point of view of the issues, and the areas that need to be improved. It's as simple as any team talking to its leaders about resolving issues surrounding the team. Dwight and James are not best buds, but they work together, even with all of this going on. I wish Trevor would have been in the meeting. If anything, he's the most objective "leader" on our team.

There is a ton of chatter going on...we're all over every dang thing, just trying to find pieces. I stand by what I'v heard thus far, and as I've painfully found out, some of the guys we were looking at have had season-ending injuries. It's crazy how it's happened.

The last I heard was a recent strong push to Orlando. The only guy mentioned was Tobias, but he's receiving interest from every team. If the deal is right, I'd be all for it.

Just FYI.

...And, I still think we're making the playoffs, even at this dreadful,dreadful moment. I'm hopeful.

16. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

It was shocking to hear JB say that, thought I was hallucinating. For him to come out and say that in public. Les might have to pay for a third head coach this season, and he will hate that!

17. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, for real! They basically wasted Harden/Howard duo on ****ty system and coach. Lol, but as much as I dislike McHale, JBB is a whole new level of ****. At least McHale can keep a player in a game that's doing something, if JBB were coaching game 6 last year, he would have benched the unit that brought them back into the game against the Clippers.

18. J Hard

J Hard Member

No harden is a broken player. I thought mcgrady was mentally weak, harden takes the cake ten fold. Most disappointing star Ive ever seen.

19. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Any chance at Evan Fournier or Ryan Anderson?

20. J Hard

J Hard Member

He was the fill in interim coach dummy. Obviously you dont understand how mid season coach firing work.