1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jazzhole to retire

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by wiws316, Feb 11, 2005.

Tags:
  1. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Well, don't be mad at Stockton, be mad at the refs. It's the same thing with bad calls on Yao. If the other center beats Yao up and don't get called, don't blame on the other center. Blame the refs. The refs ARE part of the game. If they give you that, keep on doing it! If it helps your team to win games, I am all for it.

Of course, the refs do suck on occassions. In the case of Yao, they suck all the time.

BTW, have you seen the movies "Bandits"? Bruce Willis robs banks (which is obviously illegal) and audience think he's cool. Because he's the hero of the movie and he does the bank robbery with style. If he's the villain though, you'd hate him to death.

It's the same thing with Stockton. If he's on the same team with you, you'd think he's the coolest dude ever lived. If you are his enemy though, you'd wish he never lived, and sometimes, you never lived (especially after a tough loss caused by him... sounds familiar? ;) )

2. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Can I get an Amen?

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Karla goes home with out a ring! Loving it! His daughter had a more "successful" career than him.

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Well lookie lookie. Welcome back to heaven Jeffster.

5. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

You have the decency to make your nick "YaoTheMan" and call yourself a Rockets fan. Yet, you don't know our team history and the crap we went through with this MF'in Jazzhole.

Why don't you go here:

http://www.clutchfans.com/stats_team_history.cfm

....and learn before you comment?

6. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Pick one if you don't like it here.

7. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Obviously, you are not a true Rockets fan. Any true Rockets fan knows the following:

1) No matter what those evil jerks Stockton and Malone did, it will never make up for the fact that they had to hold, bearhug, flop, etc - in other words, cheat, to try to win. Just look at that pic of Malone kicking Robert Horry in the nuts or do you even know who that is (in Robert Horry)?

2) Despite doing everything possible to try to win, those f*ckers still fell short of winning a title. The best part about the Rockets winning 2 NBA titles in the '90s (you did know that, didn't you?) was that we eliminated the jazzholes both times including a thrilling 3-2 defeat in the opening round of 1995. A win that ABSOLUTELY crushed them as they had their best season up to that point (won 60 games). So scoreboard reads Rockets 2, your dip**** hero Malone ZERO.

3) Don't kid yourself for a second that Malone wouldn't do something to Yao if given the chance. He elbowed David Robinson, Joe Kleine, Kenyon Martin, etc. - many guys taller than himself with cheap shots - some of those causing concussions or broken bones. Would you still like him if he did that to Yao? I mean the man truly was a menace and was out to hurt people. He simply did not give a damn. :(

4) Game 6 of the 1997 WC Finals - Enuff said

Like Sammy said earlier, we have no use or tolerance for people who have an adoration for this man. That is the just the way it is. No one cares if it is not fair or not - if you want to stay, I suggest you suck it up or go somewhere else (which probably the only place that would listen to you and your garbage about the man is a Jazzhole place).

8. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

It was more irritating for Stockton to flop and be dirty, because he was actually a great player without that. I can half-forgive scrubs like Fisher flopping b/c they're role-players, and they have to flop to get by - but Stockton was good enough that he could be great without that crap - and yet he did it anyway.

In the end, both of 'em have as many championship rings as I do.

9. DeAleck

What Manny? Calm down, man. Listen to me:

I have known you as a Yao hater for a long time now. Dude, give the guy a break! He's 7'6 and didn't even speak English two years ago. He's now averaging almost 19 and 9 and dominates the paint. I am so tired of the people hating on Yao. They will all cry when we win a championship in two years.

I know I know, you are a Shawn Bradley fan and can't stand the fact that Yao's 10 times the player that Bradley is. You know what, you have to accept the truth and just suck it up. Now, repeat after me:

"Yao's awesome!"
    "Yao's awesome!"
    "Yao's awesome!"
    "Yao's awesome!"

(take a water break, go to the bathroom, and...)

"Yao's awesome!"
    "Yao's awesome!"
    "Yao's awesome!"
    "Yao's awesome!"

I am just messing with you... ;)

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

To have won a ring on the backs of the Spurs would have been pathetic beyond words. The Spurs championship (if they actually win it) would have been tainted forever. Bye Bye Karl, glad to see you go.

11. Jeffster

Jeffster Contributing Member

Thanks man. :D

To Manny: Sorry, but no one has to accept your definition of what makes a true Rockets fan. I think anyone who has been in the chatroom for games the last couple of seasons can attest to how big of a Rockets fan I am. I'm always the one sticking up for our players and coach when they are blasted by all the chicken littles who give up when we happen to be losing. I'm a fan to the point of looking at a 20 point deficit with two minutes left and thinking "hey, it could happen!" Hating players on other teams is not a requirement for being a fan, whether you choose to think so or not. I appreciate the talents of players, no matter what team they are on. It doesn't affect how hard I root for the Rockets.

12. DeAleck

I simply, truly, vehemently hate Jeff Foster! He represents everything that's wrong with the NBA. Oh, and that SOB Lonny Baxter, he is evil! And... yeah, Britton Johnsen, man! I don't think his name should be even mentioned here. I feel dirty and the hate simply consumes me every time I think of him... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Am I still a Rockets fan? ...

13. YaoTheMan

YaoTheMan Contributing Member

I never called myself a true rockets fan. Without Yao, I wouldn't even care about Rox. A YOF at its extreme.

14. DeAleck

Man, that's simply sad. I lost 0.0314159265358% of all my respect for you. :(

15. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I was having a pretty crappy day here, driving back and forth in the rain, getting my book all wet and I come home and I hear this and it has become the single greatest day I've had in a long time. I am going out and partying tonight man.

There has always been Satan proof of that is Malone himself, but now I at least have faith that there is a God even though he has a twisted sense of humor letting that jazzhole play for so long.

16. Manny Ramirez

Uh, why do you think my post was addressed to YOU??:confused:

Are you not secure with your feelings as a Rockets fan?:p

17. Manny Ramirez

Hey, that's cool. We have fans of other teams here; I'll just consider you like one of them.

18. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

exactly. they cheated, flopped, and were dirty, and then had the audacity to whine and complain nonstop to the refs. they all deserve hatred as basketball players. and malone deserves legitimate non-basketball hate. he was a dirty, dirty player who purposely tried to hurt people. he knocked people unconscious, busted open faces, kicked and kneed people on the way to the basket, all in an effort to hurt people. and he was never remorseful in the least. he is just a bad person. i loved hearing that the lakers misdiagnosed his injury last year which led to him playing, through great pain, on it when he shouldn't have, which then caused him to need a really long rehab time. beautiful. a little karma for karla.

that's the other thing. flopton and malone could've been like throughout the nba as guys without all the athletic talent but who were smart and gave 100% every night. instead they cheated, flopped, and played dirty and, accordingly, everyone hated them. as a short white guy who can shoot and pass, stockton could've been someone i really liked, but he F'd it up by being who he was. what bastards. and neither will get a ring. awesome.

19. Jeffster

Jeffster Contributing Member

Because you said "any true Rockets fan knows the following." That would imply a general statement to all "true Rockets fans." ;)

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I remember Stockton's dirty dagger to the sternum, where after the fact, the big man would complain to the refs and the refs would laugh him off because no way someone as small as Stockton could do that much damage.

IIRC Dream missed a game or two because of the bruising.