1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jazz vs Real Madrid (Sergio Llull)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ElPigto, Oct 8, 2009.

1. saleem

saleem Member

Not all of the the things that are learned in Europe are bad. They do emphasize moving the ball,and cutting to the basket,shooting. Defense and rebounding are traditional Euro weaknesses,which can be worked on once someone comes here.
    I never implied that he is ready,he needs experience. He is going to be a backup PG if he makes it to the NBA. It's not impossible to see that happening,since it's a well known fact that DM values depth.

2. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Member

Lowry and Brooks will be coming to the end of their rookie deals soon. We'll pay one of them, and the other will demand too much for a back up. We'll have space for a back-up in a couple years...just in time to see if Sergio turns into something good.

3. TheShooter

TheShooter Member

LOL a smaller, quicker, better shooter Ricky Rubio ? In fact he doesn't have anything of Rubio beside his appereance. Really funny to see people comparing players to other players only by his physical instead of skills.

Dejan Blair reminds me of a smaller, with less post game, better rebonder Elton Brand. :rolleyes:

Robert Horry reminds me of a taller, clutch Will Smith.

4. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

That will be irrelevant when we draft JOHN WALL!!!!!! ;)
    With the knicks first round pick, which we stole from the Jazz (or will steal :D)

-rocketblaze

5. ClutchCityReturns

Since they are so different, do me a favor and tell me which of the two players I'm describing...

He is a Spanish point guard. He plays in both the Euroleague and ACB leagues. He's between 6'3" and 6'5" in height. He's a passionate player, assuming the role of floor general for his team at a young age. He's a very talented ballhandler. He has exceptional court vision and passing ability. He has the ability to create offense for himself, particularly on the fast break, but is more prone to setting up teammates. He is not known as a scorer. He is not a particularly good rebounder. He is pesky on defense. He is known to throw flashy passes both on the break and in a half court setting. He isn't known as a dunker, but can attack the rim effectively if a lane is open.

6. leebigez

leebigez Member

I think it will cost too much actually. After rhe season, lowry is a festricted free agent and his cap hold is going to be 6m or so. If brooks continues his upward trend which i expect, he's going to cost you atleast 6m. Lowry and brooks are pretty close to the same age and its rare, very rare that any team can keep 2 pg's basically the same age unless its clear and defeined one is better than the other. Lowry is good enough to have his own team or at least play 25-30 mins, but Brooks is better on this team and for the rox. Someone wil loojk at lowry being young and a good player and might offer him 4m after the season.I think Lull can come over after this season ad give the rockets good backup pg duty for at least the time on a rookie deal. Then again, if conroy continues to play well, maybe that will give morey incentive to move lowry this yr with somebody to get somebody.

7. ClutchCityReturns

TheShooter,

I'm waiting.