1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jazz > Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by schwa, Nov 4, 2004.

1. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

LOL@Clutch:D

Clutch, shame on you bumping threads like that!

P.S.: it was very much worth it:p I hope you enjoyed my "other" thread with the trade scenario:)

2. RocketsFan123

RocketsFan123 Contributing Member

When did the Jazz win a NBA Championship last? This is a worthless thread!

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Dat would be Clutch, take a look at his post. It's a great recap! :D

4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

What a pleasant surprise to see this thread get bumped.

Solid effort, Clutch, Solid effort.

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That was a pimp slap if I ever read one....

6. darkwarrior

darkwarrior Member

lol i remember this thread. Funny stuff

7. Life2Def

Life2Def Member

woah!

this is classic.

8. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

WTH?!?! Who the hell brought this thread up from.... oh ... great thread.

Carry on.

10. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

shwa won't respond...he's too cowardly for that. But damn...talk about putting your foot in your mouth. I FREAKING LOVE IT.

11. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Wow, great stuff. Anyone think those two will show back up here to eat their crow? Doubtful.

Happy b-day Clutch. You have given us all a gift by bumping this masterpiece up!

#91 Harrisment, Mar 29, 2005
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2005
  12. schwa

schwa Member

So Clutch took time out of his busy schedule to inform me that this thread got some airtime in Houston. You guys must be very bored down there. Let's get right to the meat of it.

Fact: Utah is 2-0 against Houston this year with Andrei Kirilenko in the lineup.

Fact: Utah is 0-2 against Houston this year without Andrei Kirilenko in the lineup.

This speaks volumes for the type of season Utah has had. The league's leading shot blocker played only 41 games this year. Their 2nd best player (Boozer) has not played since mid February and is probably done for the season as well. Everyone expected Carlos Arroyo to have a standout year after what he had done last year, and his Olympic performance. After he and Sloan got into it, Utah gave him away. This is a move I still disagree with. Raul Lopez is their 2nd best point guard, and he only saw 31 games of action this year.

All told, 14 different Jazz players spent time on the injured list this year. Utah has only 1 player who has not missed a game this season. That is Mehmet Okur (You'll remember him as the guy who jammed in Deke's face tonight).

Still, with all this trouble, Utah found a way to play with some of the top teams in the league this year. They beat the Suns, Spurs, and Sonics. They probably lost 15 or 20 games by under 3 points this season (if I was bored enough I'd go through and do the math). Not bad for a team that has had so many injuries.

All this said, I stand by my comments. Utah's roster is better built than Houston's, and I wouldn't trade rosters with Houston. Houston was overrated at the start of the season, with many people predicting them as a top seed. What you have here is a team built for mediocrity. First round exits year after year, and #20 overall picks.

One more note. I love how Clutch bumped the thread today, but didn't bother to bump it on Feb. 27th. That would be the day that the Jazz won in Houston, without Carlos Boozer in the lineup. I'm sure many of you were in hiding that day. Notice I didn't come back here to mock you all then. Although in retrospect, maybe I should have.

So if it makes you feel good down there to savor this victory over a team with the league's 4th worst record, without their 2 best players, at a time when they're obviously tanking, go right ahead. I personally find it all a little amusing.

13. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Excuses are for losers and thats what the Jazz are this year.

14. qrui

qrui Member

:D this just made my morning.

15. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

You are a ****ing tool. We'll see you in the playoffs........in 10 years if you're lucky!

Mark that on your calendar assclown.

16. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Oh, the things people say in the name of pride.

17. codell

codell Contributing Member

Whats amusing is this:

26 games below .500 and the 3rd worst record in the NBA

spin it all you want schwa, your team sucks and so does your attempt to save face

keep us updated on the lottery process

btw .........with Boozer and Kirilenko your team was still a big steamin pile of crap with an 11-15 record, including losses to the Raptors, Hornets, Nets, Bobcats and Knicks (combined win% of 35%).

18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Ah, Jazzfans....

[​IMG]

19. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Ah, hard numbers the only way to shut that idiot up:D

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

You're only partially right. It makes us feel good that Utah has the league's 3rd worst record this year. Period.

Hey, it's not our fault if the best player on your entire team is an injury-prone toothpick.

You don't sound all that amused. Not nearly as amused as you were when you were doing all that gloating 7 games into an 82-game season.

You can dish it out, but you're not nearly man enough to take it.