1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jazz > Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by schwa, Nov 4, 2004.

1. schwa

schwa Member

Well, we may have lost to Toronto, but at least they aren't Atlanta. Now that we're 2 weeks into the season, I still say Jazz > Rockets. Anyone still think I'm crazy?

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The Jazz may be better than the Rockets right now but only the future will tell who will win a championship.
    If Stockton was God you guys would have won at least 1 championship.

3. dback816

dback816 Member

This rox team is still to DUMB. We must have the league's lowest average IQ, we must do.

4. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

wow..talk about irony

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Not IQ, just slow footspeed, we got beat by better athletes.

Our athleticism is FAR below average from top to bottom on this team.

TMac is the only exception.

DD

6. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Classic schwa. Hide when inconvenient, respond when convenient... that being when your team escapes with their lives in Charlotte. You used Toronto multiple times, and you slipped to the same team in a much worse fashion. <I>Oops!</I> :)

Utah plays good basketball ... but it will never be championship basketball with that roster, just as it never was with Stockton and Malone. Technically you're not really rebuilding when you've never really built anything. Sorry, just a fact.

Bottom line: There isn't a Jazz fan alive that wouldn't switch franchise histories (2 rings) and current rosters (Yao and T-Mac) with the Houston Rockets.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Exactly. . . the Jazz are playing the best basketball
    they will play all season . . .
    Jazz play their best all the time. . in the later part of the season
    they have no SECOND gear to kick into

They will fade

Rocket River

8. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Schwa, I am a relatively new Rockets fan and there is no ill-feeling from me toward the Jazz. In fact, I like them.

However, trolling sucks. Do you see us going to your place and troll over there?

9. peterlake144

peterlake144 Member

Man... I'm like the Rockets too, but to suggest that winning is a liability (and presumably losing is a strength) is just stupid.

10. schwa

schwa Member

I only troll here because I love dissing Clutch. Him and I have quite a history. Like he said, classic schwa. And hes' right. I'm only here when I can poke fun at Houston fans. But that's what makes the internet so great. While I probably would trade histories and take 2 titles, there's no way in hell I would trade rosters. Utah's roster is far superior, and is better built for a title run too. Houston has NO supporting cast. TMac is injury prone and pouty, and Yao is so soft, Charim sent him a cease and desist letter. No way I'd trade my 6-1 team for your 4-5 team. Sorry.

11. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

No, that's what makes the internet so boring. You're going to come around whenever the Rockets lose to say they suck and then disappear whenever the Jazz lose? That's what I call playing dirty and then flopping. No wonder.

12. vincejas

vincejas Member

Just have to give credit where it is due.

Sloan >>>>>>> JVG True

AK 47, Okur and Boozer > or = Yao, Mo taylor and Howard True

Jazz Backcourt = Rockets backcourt Maybe (just becoz of Tmac's presence)

Jazz fans >>>>>>>>>>>>> Rockets fans All the way

Rockets fans suck. Just watch every game at the toyota center. Compare it with the delta center and you will see the difference. Jazz fans are more knowledgeable, louder and more passionate than the fans at the TC

13. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

I would definitely agree with you saying Utah is a better team right now. There is no question about that. The Jazz is an all around team, they are done rebuilding and will compete in the West for a long time. They are the Pistons of last year.

The Rockets ain't that good at this point, primarily because of the lack of depth and support. However, for a quality organization like the Rockets, they won't let this last for a long time. We are as good as it gets at 2 and 5, and decent at 3. The management will find a way to get quality supporting cast, hopefully this year. If not, next year they will. We have a very good foundation to build things on. So, see you in the playoffs for the next 10 years. Let's see who gets to the top first.

14. Sean Reynolds

Sean Reynolds Member

You'd have a point if this were the Stockton and Malone Jazz. However I don't quite see what you mean by them not kicking it into second gear toward the end of the season.

Last year Utah was 26-27 at the All-Star break. From February 17th (when the second half of the season started), Utah went 16-13. That's 3 games above .500.

So if we look at this, Utah entered the All-Star break being ONE game below .500. They finished the season two games above .500. I wouldn't say Utah trailed off in the later part of the season, in fact they probably played their best ball after the All-Star break (when they were fighting with the Nuggets for the final playoff spot).

Utah's a young team and they're not exactly healthy right now (Arroyo is out of sync because he's only played one game; Harpring is having knee problems). I expect them to really kick it into gear toward the end of the year.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

reread it . . .. cause I never said that
    and to read that into what I said is just stupid

Rocket River
    :rolleyes:

16. peterlake144

peterlake144 Member

Don't you think it's a bit much to try and spin Utah's good results so far as a-priori evidence of a future collapse?

Winning teams generally win early, win late, here a win, there a win, etc....

Regardless, my apologies if I took your words out of context....

17. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

I'll never be jealous of anything the jazz do.....

just remind yourself while talking about your 20 straight playoff years.... who beat you on their way to two championships in the 90s

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

There are a few teams that can beat the Jazz for the championship this year.

19. Sean Reynolds

Sean Reynolds Member

I'm starting to see a pattern here. Rockets fans continually cling to the past, knowing that the future is probably a bit more brighter for the Jazz than it is for their Rockets.

That can only explain why Rocket Fan is so obsessed with discussing Utah's past and not realizing what they're doing today and what they CAN do in the future.

While I'll never forget what Stockton and Malone did, I'm unbelievably exciting about THIS season and what the future will bring.

Apparently you Rocket fans are more exciting about living in your two championship seasons because I think you all realize your ship needs some righting THIS season.

20. Sean Reynolds

Sean Reynolds Member

I agree with you. Right now I think the Mavs, Pistons (full health), Heat and possibly the Kings are better than Utah. However I also believe that in about three years Utah will be better than the Mavs, Pistons, Kings and possibly the Heat.

I wouldn't be surprised if Utah found itself in the WCF this year. I also wouldn't be surprised if the Jazz won it all four years from now. They're a very young team with a very good coach. They've built a foundation for some exciting seasons. I'd rather be here than where the Jazz were four years ago -- on the decline.