1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jazz Owner: "Kirilenko On Thin Ice"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TManiAC, Jan 19, 2007.

1. mrmrdan

mrmrdan Member

NOOOOOOOOOO! We don't need more injury bugs to our team. Come playoff time and 2/3 of our salary cap could be resting on the bench due to inuries.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

This was last season:

Posted third career 5X5 game with 14 points, eight boards, nine assists, seven blocks and six steals vs. L.A. Lakers, 1/3 … Only second player in NBA history with 6+ in each category (A. Olajuwon, 3/10/87, Hou. vs, Sea.)

Read some of the stats, they are eye-popping.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/andrei_kirilenko/bio.html

3. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Well...they could use a more offensively minded backup for Boozer, and the #1 knock on them as a team is their lack of a true starting caliber SG. That's where Bonzi would come in, I assume. Sura's contract is just an expiring piece of filler.

I've seen crazier things happen, but it's definitely not likely. Two teams so close in the standings hardly ever deal together.

Those are his games played the last 5 seasons. Aside from the 41 game season which is obviously an outlier, he's averaged 77.3 games a year out of 82 possible. That's 94%. This year he's played in 34 of 39 possible. That's 87%. Basically you could expect him to play 9 out of every 10 games.

I would say he had one very unfortunate season with injuries, but on the whole I wouldn't call him injury prone at all.

4. jeremyang2002

jeremyang2002 Contributing Member

He is an amazing player but only on the defense end.

He relies a lot on his athleticism and you could see his BPG decrease a lot compares to the last couple seasons.

He does a bit of everything on offense but nothing enticing.

He could be the "Battier" for a lot of teams but I dont see this team needs his expensive service while already has the player can do the same thing for a lot cheaper.

5. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

You echo my thoughts, Clutch.

I am a big fan of his, easily one of my favorite players in the league. The guy does everything on the court and doesn't require plays to be called for him...that's always been a big part of his appeal. He's the type of guy who can fit into any system and cover the weaknesses of the players on the court.

Of course, the big 'hurdle' would be his contract...he's definitely paid like a superstar / franchise player, that won't be an easy contract to absorb.

As for the decline in his numbers, I wouldn't read too much into that, players tend to not play at their best when they are unhappy with their roles. He's still easily one of the best all-around players in the league.

#25 tigermission1, Jan 19, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2007
  6. jlwee

jlwee Member

First, the Miller guy complained and wanna trade Boozer the whole last season. Now that Boozer returned and played well, he is talking about kirilenko??? What type of organisation is this?

7. yaopao

yaopao Contributing Member

I don't mind that Miller is calling out AK-47. The only thing is that it's stupid for him to do, from a trade standpoint, as it kills the Jazz's leverage.

I think it's maybe more of a case where Miller is hoping it will light a fire under AK-47's arse. Kind of a Phil Jackson mind games thing.