1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jazz in dysfunction

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DaBeard, Feb 26, 2020.

1. opticon

opticon Member

Promise I am not trolling here. This is just the way I feel. I think Mitchell is undersized and not a franchise player. Do people think this deal is too much or too little from the Knicks? I think that is way too much from the Knicks. In two years RJ Barrett will be better than Mitchell in my opinion.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i would think too much from the knicks.

red5rocket and i3artow i3aller like this.
  3. i3artow i3aller

4. dmoneybangbang

Knicks would be stupid to go for Mitchell, just keep your assets for a bigger fish. An undersized backcourt of Brunson and Mitchell just doesn't sound appealing.

DrNuegebauer and TheJuice like this.
  5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Seems like a typical New York Knicks move to me.

What sucks is there is a more than good chance the Jazz will be getting great picks out of that.

TheJuice likes this.
  6. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I think it ends up a 3 team trade with Utah - NY - Miami.

Utah: 3 NY picks + DAL pick (via NY) + 2 swaps with NY + 2023 MIA pick + Fournier (NY) + Quickly (NY) + Robinson (MIA)

Miami: Pat Bev (UTH) + Reddish (NY)

NY: Spida (UTH)

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Minnesota's weird overpay for Gobert seems to be giving a lot of misconceptions to people about "the market" or "proper value" for Durant or Mitchell.

If i decide i need a lot of copper in January and start paying an extra few cents per futures contract over what is being quoted, sure the market price will change, theres lots and lots of participants, lots and lots of transactions and they'll assimilate this information within milliseconds.

This is not true for Durant or Mitchell - theres 1 seller, there's 2-3 participants, they can coordinate and ignore this information. I don't know if they will, because they listen to the same takesters we do, but they really should. Collective action problems are hard, but, when the two prisoners can text each other it's a lot easier

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I actually don't think it's quite the same - the gravity vortex of Doncic Harden-style usage is pretty unique

9. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

the Knicks continue to be a joke of a franchise. If they acquire Mitchell they are at best the fifth best team in the East and will have to give up an enormous amount of draft capital. They were idiots to give up Duren at draft time, but I guess they needed the picks to bring in 2 defensively challenged guards to be their future. They are in mediocre hell for the next decade.

pippendagimp, TheJuice and JayGoogle like this.
  10. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

Brunson isn't defensively challenged--he's a good defensive player, but he's mostly limited to defending point guards and smaller wings. Mitchell is terrible.

TheJuice and opticon like this.
  11. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

Too much, especially because IDK who they're outbidding.

Which means the Knicks are going to do something stupid and offer liek double that. Then wonder why they can't win a ring. Did they learn NOTHING from the 2000s?

peleincubus likes this.
  12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

They could have done what the rockets just did 4 times in the last 25 years. No patience. Draft high for four years and have the fans follow some guys that are “homegrown”

If it doesn’t work try again. You will get a superstar or two. It’s not hard.

13. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

Their FO & fans are impatient and also believe Madison Square and being a Knick has the same prestige as being a Celtic/Laker or Yankee.

peleincubus likes this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Knicks Backed Away From Huge Trade Request From Jazz

It's well known that the New York Knicks would like to acquire Donovan Mitchell from the Utah Jazz. But New York reportedly backed away from Utah's asking price.

While speaking with ESPN700 in Salt Lake City, Tony Jones of The Athletic reported that Utah made a huge request from New York in Mitchell trade talks. The Jazz wanted the Knicks to send six first-round picks, in addition to Quentin Grimes, Immanuel Quickley and Obi Toppin.

Other reporting is that New York is being careful to avoid negotiating against themselves in a potential deal for Mitchell. On the Utah side, the Jazz are said to be uninterested in acquiring RJ Barrett in a deal, because Barrett is due for a contract extension.

red5rocket and i3artow i3aller like this.
  15. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Screw the Jazz. I hope they forever toil in "can't get over the hump" land. Their fanbase, ownership and (historical) fraternity of players deserve nothing but never winning a championship.

I know one day they will get there...but hopefully it is long after my ass is permanently sleeping in the ground. F U Utah Jazz!

16. i3artow i3aller

17. i3artow i3aller

18. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Danny Ainge has lost his f**** mind.

19. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

6 picks? Jesus christ.

Only a few players are worth 6 picks. Jokic, Giannis...

BigShasta likes this.
  20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The same. Someone here recently said I shouldn’t care and not want the jazz to lose. That was a long time ago and blah blah blah. Nope

They will always be my least favorite team in the NBA. Those a**holes deprived the rockets of a Jordan Hakeem finals. And they were dirty as hell.

BigShasta, Invisible Fan and boomboom like this.