1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Javaris Crittenton for Rockets Third PG?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thumbs, Oct 15, 2010.

1. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

The Bobcats cut PG Javaris Crittenton, 22, today. He was a 19th pick in 2007 but his PG skills remain raw. However, he is quick, a good defender, normally has a decent shot if he ever recovers from his ankle injury, and is 6-5.

I think Ish Smith has been doing a good job this pre-season, but he is a Brooks clone but with a Chuckwagon caliber shot. Do we need another smallish PG or do we need one with size that the Vipers can develop? I know many here have the hots for Ish (and I like his play as well), but let's think rationally for down the road.

2. thino

thino Contributing Member

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

If a guy cannot keep out of trouble or stay on any roster why would you want him even if there were no Ish? Think, man, think.

4. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Ish Smith for... 3rd... pg?

5. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Javaris Crittendon is the perfect 4th pg.

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

maybe we can sign and trade him back to LA for gasshole

7. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I'd be okay with it as long as nobody on the team decides to wager on anything with him.

8. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

I like his size. Back when the Grizzlies had him, Conley and Lowry, I hoped we'd be able to nab him from them for a conditional 2nd rounder or something small.

The Rockets thought higher of Lowry, with good reason. I guess its why I'm not a GM. ;) I still think he'd make a fine 3rd PG.

9. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Very good! sign him and trade to Wizard

10. snc

snc Member

But who would be our 5th pg?

11. thumbs

He may have been genuinely afraid of Arenas. I don't know. At least no shots were fired, but my thought is to develop him at the Viper level and let them see if he actually does have character issues. He is only 22, almost 23. I don't think he had any issues at Georgia Tech.

12. mi0304

mi0304 Member

Brian Cook.

13. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Don't need J-Critt, already got Ish the Dish Smith.

Besides, it tells you alot about how sucky J-Critt is if he gets cut by the Bobcats, who desperately need a PG to begin with.

If Larry Brown doesn't like him, what makes you think Rick would?

People are underrating Ish. You say he's a Brooks clone? He is completely the opposite of Brooks IMO. He is a pass 1st PG, while Brooks is a shoot 1st PG.

If Ish keeps up his play throughout the season, he could make Brooks or Lowry expendable.

14. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Yep, Larry Brown has had the for hire sign out for a PG since Felton left. If Crittenden couldn't win a job over a one legged Shaun Livingston and DJ Augustin why would you want him.

15. roadmatter

roadmatter Member

I Dont think Javaris Crittenton is A Good Point Guard for Us. That Injury Might Bring Him Down For This Year. Number One The Year 2008 He Played Clippers he scored 42 Points. But This Year with that knee injury he might wont do anything good this year

16. Babyloc

Babyloc Member

if someone owed me money i would have to get guns involved too

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Only i you want somebody shot!! :rolleyes:

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Look at it this way, thumbs... if you were a baseball player, your thread batting average would probably be over .300! :eek: :p :grin: ;) :)

19. thumbs

In baseball, I'd settle for .300 ;) , especially when considering that the day approaches when I shall be completely threadbare. :)

In the interim, I like to look for possible acquisitions that would cost little but could bring solid prizes. Diversity of skills can only make Rockets stronger. If Crittenton's injury is career-ending, then he is merely a pebble picked up, examined and discarded. If his career can be revived at age 22, that's almost a free #19 pick.

20. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Why not? I hear Crittendon is a good shooter. On the other hand, the last thing we need is another gunner on the perimeter. However, if he starts shooting blanks, we can pull the trigger on a trade for a better player, just like we did to Ariza when he got too trigger happy.