1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JaVale McGee

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Marteen, May 9, 2012.

1. Marteen

Marteen Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Mavs and the Rockets would also be good places for McGee. I love the idea of McHale coaching JaVale.</p>&mdash; Nate Jones (@JonesOnTheNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/JonesOnTheNBA/status/200253659160907778" data-datetime="2012-05-09T15:59:27+00:00">May 9, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Should the Rox go after him if they can't land Dwight Howard? Was 2nd in the league in blocks per game and only 24. I know they have Dalembert and Camby, but he would be an upgrade over either of them.

2. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

If we don't use our picks to draft a center then I'd be for it. Although I wouldn't give him more than 8m/yr

3. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Didn't this idiot state he already wanted max dollars?

All for 11 points and 7 boards a game?:rolleyes:

4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

for him its all about the money. if the rockets are willing/able to outbid everyone else he'll sign here. he's got a low bball iq, but he's still young and has size with athleticism. for the right price, why not? of course the right price might not be enough to land him.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Any help we can get would be appreciated

DD

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

Depending on what happens this summer he's worth taking a shot at, but I dont think this front office views him as anything more than a project/gamble. We all know they dont like giving up alot on gambles. I would expect someone out there will give him a dumb contract.

He's not worth what he's most likely going to get either way. He's had a good series against the Lakers, but anyone who has followed him out of college would tell you to stay away from him if he's commanding more than 10 Million a year.

7. jopatmc

jopatmc Member

I'm shocked at how much better McGee has looked in Denver. He would be an interesting high-risk bet if we can't get Dwight. However, Morey is not going to handcuff himself with an unmovable contract, so he's not going to overpay. McGee is restricted. If he signed an offer sheet from Morey, it's likely that Denver would match.

Since McGee looks so much better in Denver, I'm wondering if Washington would put their lottery pick on the table for a team willing to take on Blatche. Perhaps if he gets out of there, he will be a different player too?????

8. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Omfg 1 star 1 star!!!

9. JoeBarelyCares

The only way to get him where Denver does not match, or we do not grossly overpay (not happening on Morey's watch), would be a sign and trade. Would probably have to be Dalembert plus another asset going to Denver.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Who the**** is Nate Jones and why is he on NBA?

11. meh

meh Member

Morey was going to grossly overpay for Nene. So I wouldn't put it above him to offer a similar deal for McGee.

Given McGee's volatility, I feel like getting him is kind of like tanking. You are screwed if you're wrong, but ridiculous upside if you're right.

12. krmclaughlin

krmclaughlin Member

I'd be willing to pay up to about $9 mil/yr to get him. I think some other team will overpay though

13. cardpire

cardpire Member

anybody know if he likes ipads and kewl panoramic wall photos?

14. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Can you fix stupidity?

15. Commodore

Commodore Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FWsK6KN_drI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. Downtownbrown

Downtownbrown Member

He has 1 good game and you want him. Wait till tomorrows game.

17. rocketkid713

rocketkid713 Member

yes bring him, good upgrade at the c

18. teebone21

teebone21 Member

looks like guys here dont watch the playoffs or atleast the lakers nuggets series. We complain about not protecting the paint but if we have a chance to get the 2nd best shot blocker in the they start belittling him

19. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Member

ONLY if he would be happy to be here. an unmotivated mcgee is worthless.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

looks like you didn't see the guy play for his entire career. Mchale is a lot like Adelman, he doesn't play space cadets. By the end of the season, Dalembert was playing 5 minutes a game, and he's Einstein on the court compared to Mcgee.