1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jason Terry traded to the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Aug 31, 2014.

?

Do you like the trade of non-guaranteed contracts for Jason Terry and two 2nd rounders?

1. YES

483 vote(s)
    77.7%
  2. NO

139 vote(s)
    22.3%
  1. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Gee was our second best SF. Terry is a SG who isn't better than Daniels at this point.

If we flip him then I can understand the move, but I felt Gee could have actually contributed this season. Solid defensively and athletic. Terry will not contribute this season.

Getting 2nd rounders doesn't excite me that much unless it is a very deep draft. Besides, we like to waste our picks on Eurotrash anyway.

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Gee could have contributed on the defensive end, but Papa is our 2nd best SF. Add in the Garcia signing and our SF rotation is much more solid than last year.

3. traveler

traveler Member

Yeah Gee no way makes this team. He would have been waived.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jason Terry and Lin have something in common, they both killed the Rockets in the playoffs

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Our homeboy Parsons betrayed us and we get a former Rocket Destroyer.

I call that Destiny(s Child).

6. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

I'm confused.

We lose every game he plays in.

7. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

As much as I hate to say it, Terry would have more class than to sign a deal at a club over a martini.

Honestly, even if we have to keep Terry for a part of the season to use him as an expiring at the trade deadline, having him on the team can be really helpful.

He's the ultimate Rockets Killer, yes but I don't recall him ever talking crap about Houston or whatever. He's probably happy to be on a contender again and happy to be back in Texas. He bleeds Maverick's blue but not as much as Notwitski. And most everyone here wanted him on our team this off season.

If Terry can still shoot the three and provide some veteran leadership, he will be welcomed.

8. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Nah. Think of it as "he seems to be a reborned Jordan in the Toyota Center." Rockets are going 41-0 at home this year!

9. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Forget the fact that we got terry. We got two 2nd round picks that can eventually turned into something if need be.

Win for the Rockets in my opinion

10. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Morey turned dead money into a decent player who can drain threes and (more impotently) two good second round draft picks. What's not to like?

11. traveler

traveler Member

lol

Ouchie! :)

12. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

Nice move mauri ;)

13. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

Way to dig in the crates! Excellent post to place some additional perspective! Your valuable posts and diligence provide another reason to read this forum :cool:

14. verysimplejason

Somebody else killed the Rockets in the playoffs. Lin's just a scapegoat. :cool: I still remember that last shot.

15. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

I still remember his game 4 in I think 05 when he went for over 30 on our floor and just killllllllled us

16. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I agree with you that Morey wouldnt have done this a few years ago but now the Rockets are in win-now mode. Howard, Ariza and Rondo/Bev give the Rockets three plus defenders on the floor with Hardens plus offense. I have no clue what would happen at PF. But I think NOLA's pick and a slew of other picks plus lots of non-guaranteed contracts of promising young developmental talent could acquire one.

I like the Rockets chances of resigning Rondo, etc if a deal happens and they have the bird rights

I like the Rockets chances with cap space, exceptions, etc at being able to replace that production with cap space, MLE, picks, etc

I dig this trade a lot of good competition for 5-6 spots (Harden, Bev, Johnson, Daniels, Terry, Caanan, Smith)

17. OremLK

OremLK Member

Terry? Jason effing TERRY? WHAT?

This is unacceptable.

18. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Didn't realize Terry helped the Rockets win several playoff games.

19. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

The young Rockets team needed tough veterans in the worst way after losing to Portland in playoffs. They went after Ray Allen and came up with Jason Terry plus 2 second round picks.

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Hoping the bolded part is a deliberate joke...?