1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jason Terry says Spurs are best fit for Kevin Durant

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Outlier, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Caesar

Caesar Member

Honestly? Hear me out on this. Bucks are a great fit. They'd have a full roster of players that are really long and can bring the ball up court which is extremely valuable in todays NBA. If he truly doesn't care about market and endorsement money, he'd have fun with the Bucks and in the EAST where his only competition is LeBron and LeBron is older than Durant so in a few years, Durant might be all alone at the top in the EAST. Of course Boston would be a good option too, but they are built differently.

The Bucks though would be the longest team in the league with potential to be the best defensive team, one of the youngest, with tons of assets plus a #8 pick this summer.

But, he's staying in OKC IMO.

1 person likes this.
  2. SunsRocketsfan

just saying if KD wants a championship and both teams are offering the max.. Spurs obviously have a better chance than the Thunder with him on it.

And if Harden was on the Thunder the opposing teams will average 120+pts

3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I don't think that team works. In an allstar game that would be entertaining, but in an 82 game season it just wouldn't work. There's too much overlap, and there's not enough ball to make that successful. I know, everyone here is ready to blow Pop and say he'll find a way, but I doubt it. The Thunder are his best chance at a ring. They had GSW on the ropes, but Donovan made some decisions that I don't understand. In the end, he will have to make better ones in the future.

I won't address your Harden comment, because quite frankly it is so incorrect I can only assume it's a joke I don't get.

4. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Until he tattoos it on his calf it's not official.

5. malakas

malakas Member

lol repped!

But anyway a player like Durant he will fit anywhere.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The only thing I got from this was that Jason Terry didn't think he would be a Rocket next season.

7. Marteen

Marteen Member

He also guaranteed the Rockets would win Game 5.

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

This makes zero sense to me. Durant is a 3 or a 4, Kawhi is a 3 and LMA is a 4. Seats are taken.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

If Durant wants to come to SA, they will make room.

But why even bother when he's clearly coming to Houston. I mean, The Anthony doe!

10. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I agree with this.

Though, I feel like he truly would fit better with teams, like Atlanta, Toronto, Charlotte, or Portland. Those teams are actually all very well-rounded to the tooth, they just don't have a superstar. They all have really good bigs, 3 point shooters, good-great perimeter defenders. But, no one to take over in the 4th quarter or when the team is struggling to get points. Some these teams would actually compliment his game, exceptionally. Pass-first point guards (except Portland.Charlotte) who can shoot, wings who play defense (and can also shoot and get to the basket), and big men who play defense/rebound.

Look at these rosters:

C- Valanciunas/Biyombo
    PF - Scola
    SF- Durant
    SG - Derozan
    PG - Lowry

--------------------

C -Horford
    PF - Milsapp
    SF - Durant
    SG - Bazemore
    PG - Teague
    ------------------------------

Some of these teams instantly become 60-65+ win teams with Durant's addition.

In reality, the best fit for Durant is OKC. That's his team, they are the best team for him, and are perfectly constructed for winning a championship. They just lost a close series to the Champions, while his current team just completely DEMOLISHED the Spurs (who looked like an old team).