1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jason Terry says Spurs are best fit for Kevin Durant

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Outlier, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Second or third best team in the league

Who is it NOT a good fit for?

Rocket River

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

James Harden says Spurs are not the best fit for KD, FWIW.

I am not sure who to believe. :confused:;):rolleyes::confused:

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

Can the Spurs get both Conley and KD? Like, is that realistic?

Conley / Parker
    Kawhi / Mills
    KD / Green
    LMA / West
    Duncan? / Diaw / Boban

Obviously Spurs roster would be different. But imagine that lineup.

4. verysimplejason

That would be the highest paid and the most talented team next year. It would be like the Lakers when Malone and Payton joined them.

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Why would he go to a team that his current team just badly outcoached?

6. OTMax

OTMax Member

Spurs are always going to contend, which is what happens when you have your organization run smoothly with the right GM / coach relationship, great coach and know what is important to win. I think they end up with Gasol and Conley, moving both Parker & Duncan to the bench.

7. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Hes staying

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well I think he's dumb if he stays. OKC isn't good enough win a ring so they'll just waste 1 more year together and then WB bolts for the lakers or whatever.

If the only thing KD is concerned about is winning rings then he should contact GSW, I'm sure they can work something out to be able to afford him and still keep Klay, Steph and Green. I think with those 4 together they win every championship easy, the only problem is KD will have to sacrifice and lower his ppg to like 18 every game and he'll also give up his status as one of the best players in the league because all his stats per game will go down.

Spurs would be another good destination but I don't know how they could afford him, both Kawhi and LMA are already making max contracts and they also have Parker and a couple of other guys making ~10M+. Obviously I'm biased but I hope he considers Houston too lol.

9. SunsRocketsfan

no.. not really .. when malone and payton joined them they were already over the hill and just ring chasing. you will have durant, kawhi and aldridge all in their prime.

10. SunsRocketsfan

well if KD was on the Spurs, the Thunder would get swept.. regardless on how good the coaching is.

11. ballgame

ballgame Member

Tend to agree. OKC is a running team, similar to the Rockets. Spurs are not....KD wants to run. Terry will say anything to draw attention. He also said he would love to rejoin the Mavs and then turned around and said he would flourish in D'Antoni's system.:rolleyes:

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

And if Harden was on the Thunder the Spurs would get swept.

13. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

All I gotta say is thank God Terry didn't become our coach. If he thinks SAS is a good fit for Durant, or even GSW for that matter, then he don't know coaching. OKC is honestly the only team that will properly use him in their current configuration. Houston would love to have him, but come on. He's staying a Thunder for a reason.

14. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I could see that. KL suffered because there wasn't anyone behind him that could back him up and SA's SGs are soft. Imagine Durant moving to the SF and KL shifting to the SG spot. this is assuming Duncan, TP, and MG are done.

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Absolutely not.

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Who would play SG?

17. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

No way in hell GSW keeps their 3 top players if they go after Durant. Curry is due for a huge payday soon and they're going to need to make some moves to keep them all happy. GSW is young and worlds better than their competition. There is no need to go after an impact player when they have a dynasty in their hands.

18. rockets13champs

19. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

did he guarantee they were the best fit?