1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jason Kidd 19-16-17

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Madeinchin4, Feb 26, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Madeinchin4

Madeinchin4 Member

Sick night for the Veteran PG. still got game!

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Pretty amazing considering he's going to turn 37 in a couple of months... He beat his own set record back in 1996 when he had like 21 16 16.

3. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/13825/jason-kidds-unusually-clever-play

:grin:

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Those numbers are insaine, especially in today's game, you just don't see that anymore. Now back in the day... :)

5. Htown's2kFinest

what was going on between him in Mike Woodson the coach of the Hawks. They looked like they are about to throw down lol.

1 person likes this.
  6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Anyone else remember the last time we saw something like this? It was during Steve Francis' rookie year. The most prominent triple double since Wilt Chamberlain.

7. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

8. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

9. Chamillionaire

this game right after some of you stated he's too old, can't play anymore, and so on... eat it. :cool:

10. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Wow, incredible performance...almost 37 and doing this? Im impressed.

11. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I was watching the game, the man just heated up when it counted. Kidd just knows how to win, even if that means rushing the other team's coach and stiff arming him into technical fouling him. Haha smooth, I like it!

12. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Dirty Maverick move. Sucks that Kidd has taken that personality on.

He was trying to be smart...but Woodson was off the court a split second before Kidd got there.. Kidd just reached out and shoved Woodson anyway.

Crappy move. But great game by him otherwise...enormous 3's down the stretch

13. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I just caught the replay. Woodson was pretty much out of bounds by the time Kidd made contact with him. I wonder how far Kidd went out of bounds with his arm. I'd like to see a straight up the sideline view of the play.

Woodson does have to be more aware of the situation but I'd still classify that as a cheap move on Kidd's part. Kidd went out of his way to create the contact and had no need to go to that part of the court.

Basically, it was a very clever but equally cheap tactic by Kidd.

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

:)...

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

espn has a few different angles....what i noticed is kidd was pointing at woodson well before he crossed half court, as if telling the refs he was on the court...so i think woodson probably had been doing it the whole half and kidd had enough of it and took advantage of it. Woodson was only out of bounds before he jumped back quickly, and only because he saw kidd about to crash into him...didnt look like kidd had to extend his arm much..

I think it was just a clever play if he was trying to teach woodson a lesson, that definitely can interfere with the offense.

and on top of that kidd drilled a three seconds later, from the same spot and right in front of Woodson. Woodson could only scream at him as he made the bucket :grin:

16. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

yep, I was watching it live (on TV) and felt the same way.

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

By far the most successful micro-fracture pro athlete i've seen.

18. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

And to think I said signing a 37 year old to a 3yr/24M deal was a mistake. Along with that triple double yesterday, he's lighting it up from 3 at 41%, his best % in his career.

19. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

I do not see it as a cheap move. The coach should not have been there because it is against the rules. Now, thanks to Kidd, coaches will finally start obeying the rule.

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

are the mavs serious contenders or are they still a big man short