1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jarrett Allen, the Rocket who isn't

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Jan 14, 2021.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

it's definitely ironic. you literally assumed folks paying attention saw this coming. again ironic

2. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I really don't understand the irony there. There were literally articles and podcasts saying this was coming for the Rockets. Insiders explaining how Tilman was going to tear this franchise apart. I literally assumed folks paying attention saw this coming because if you were paying attention you were literally told it was coming.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

nope. you assumed wrong

4. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

So people that read articles and listened to podcasts that talked about this coming didn't see this coming?

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

so post these stories and articles that started 3 years ago that you are assuming exist

its hilarious how you're acting like LTS, summer of melo, westbrick, ennis, chriss, knight, mcw etc didn't exist and all weren't praised in the last 3 years. Stop kidding yourself

6. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

8. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I'm not going to go through old podcasts and look for old articles if you are going to just dismiss them as not important enough. The word has been out on Tilman for a while now. If you never listened you should go back and listen to what Bomani had to say about Tilman when the Harden/Paul drama was going on. Tilman was being thrown around as Dolan 2.0 by several insiders years ago. I even had non Rockets friends that reached out to me about how bad he was. I don't think anybody really thought Harden would be gone so soon but us being where we are is something that was talked about a lot.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

They don't exist that's why. what you posted isn't even relevant. He's merely putting thoughts to a Tim MacMahon piece after a lot of what's already happened.

its hilarious how you're acting like LTS, summer of melo, westbrick, ennis, chriss, knight, mcw etc didn't exist and all weren't praised in the last 3 years. Stop kidding yourself if you think folks all thought all of these were horrible moves

10. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

How am I acting like they didn't exist? I am not saying people didn't defend them either. What am I saying is that people that paid attention to the stories about Tilman were told this was coming. Rockets fans and this site in general love Morey and would defend him to the death so you will find tons of people out there defending every move he made. And Morey had built up a lot of goodwill so there was some reason for optimism and the thought that there was some endgame. You had to pay attention to the stories about Tilman to see this coming. And if you did you would have.

And I will keep looking for them and post them when I find them since you think I'm making them up.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

More assumptions. Ironic

Now you're acting like this site didn't have a significant amount of folks who have hated Morey

12. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

How am I acting like that? I am saying there are a significant amount of people that love Morey and will defend him in response to you saying moves were praised. I'm sure they were. But there are a significant amount of Morey haters and they probably attacked those same moves.

I really don't understand what you are even trying to get at. Are you trying to come off as someone that is better at seeing how things will turn out because you and others on the board saw this coming while others didn't?

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  13. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Here is the podcast with Bomani 3 years ago. The section about whether or not Chris Paul should be the only one trying to leave starts around 7:25.

https://www.espn.com/radio/play/_/id/27017089

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

first you want to act like everyone paying attention saw the rockets being what they are now. now you're trying to play both sides. stop kidding yourself

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

i actually just listened to this and I have no idea what this has to do with folks seeing the rockets being the worst team in the league. They're literally doing exactly what this board does every single day. And vincent goodwill of all people, did you know he hates harden. he said cp3 demanded a trade and he never did

16. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I'm not trying to act like that, I am still saying that. If you were paying attention to what was going on with Rockets ownership you would have saw this coming. Tilman being a disaster was out there. And here again is a link to the Bomani podcast where they talk about the fall of the Rockets 3 years ago.

https://www.espn.com/radio/play/_/id/27017089

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

This is the same link you posted, which i already listened to. it doesn't have anything to do with the actual topic

18. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Did you listen to the parts about Tilman?

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

yup and like i said, they doing what cf's does every single day.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Shhhh, stop with the logic.

Would do the JA trade and sign Theis and Nwaba instead 10 out of 10 times.