1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jared Zwerling: Asik to be moved real soon, Atlanta/Millsap makes sense

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 12, 2013.

1. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

Lol I would bet a lot of money that this won't happen. Tjones is emerging. D morey wants cap space in the future too. Paul millsap doesn't make us better and cost far more money.morey is very smart. He won't trade asik unless it makes us better.

2. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Some people on here really just let it be known how much of nothing they know about basketball. First and foremost, if the Rockets were to acquire Paul Milsap, that would bolster our bench to make it amongest the best in the NBA hands down, AND we will get no trouble out of him, since he has no track record of history of being a "ASIK". IF Milsap was pushed into the starting position, which i doubt he will be because of the superb play of TJones, That would also bowed well for our bench, as I see a combo of Lin and Tjones anchoring the second unit night in and night out.

The absolute, most upsurged assumption that Morey will look to Trade TJones at the deadline, and the "selling high" crap is just that, CRAP. Jones is signed all the way to the conclusion of the 2015-2016 season, with a player option. He is going to be making a mere $1.5mil,$1.6mil,and $2.5mil in those years. Now please tell me with that type of salary how are the Rockets ever going to get a EVEN RETURN for his services? (unless ofcourse we get a SUPERSTAR in a combo deal, then all bets are off). But this post pretains to the people that think Tjones will be trade just because Milsap will probley join this team. With that type of money, and talent for TJones, he figures to be a part of the future, and Morey will not be moving him unless we get LMA or LOVE in return, so please stop, think, and then type your comments on here, makes for a better experience for everyone here.

2 people like this.
  3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

If Morey is who i think he is, he will not trade for Millsap when he already has a 21 year old, in his second season, who will dam near average the same stats.

4. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

Lol, just because it "makes sense" doesn't mean it's gonna happen.

5. Panda23

Panda23 Member

'sources say it makes sense'

whut

6. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

IMO I can see Morey do one of the two

Asik for Milsap straight up

or

Asik+Jones for Horford.

Jones is so cheap and good he looks really attractive for a team like ATL imo.

One thing I do know if we cant get players to impact the team in some way we are getting picks for Asik.

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

Time to trade Jones in Fantasy?

8. basketballholic

Morey will trade Jones with Asik if he can get a lottery pick.

9. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

The idea that Millsap would come off the bench, because of the great Terrence Jones is absurd to me, but clearly I do no think as highly of Jones as most on this board do, so let's agree to disagree on that one.

Certainly is possible that the Rockets would end up keeping Jones around if he does well as the back-up 4/5 and I may have overstated the likeliness of him getting traded.

I just think Morey is too greedy to not cash in on Jones as a trade chip and upgrade the roster somehow. He's been on record several times saying that you better put your chips on the table when you're in position to succeed, because your window of opportunity usually is only open for so long, which is why I think Morey would look to acquire a veteran back-up center and upgrade another position (e.g. PG) in the process.

10. k-money

k-money Member

No way in hell dirk goes to play for a rival lmao

11. mgraye2969

mgraye2969 Member

Why would he include Jones when he is already a young stud that has potentially has a chance to be a star? serious question. Like to see your logic behind this.

12. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

We dont need Milsap, just get us a backup Center and a few picks.

13. RayLewis52

RayLewis52 Member

ilyasova is the best fit for this team.

14. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

Lol!!!!

15. basketballholic

Because if a team decides to trade their superstar player, a lottery pick that they can acquire by trading their superstar is going to be worth more to them than Jones.

#95 basketballholic, Dec 12, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  16. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

It may make sense for the Hawks, but how is Millsap much of an improvement over Jones/Casspi? Who knows? Morey is probably looking for a 6-10 lottery draft pick for Asik. Will he settle for Millsap?

17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I don't see a problem at all with Millsap and Jones battling for minutes at PF. I'd like to see us get Gustavo Ayon or Pero Antic back in a trade - just a big body to compete with Greg Smith for backup C minutes.

18. Jack Slaw

Jack Slaw Member

Cheap contract for a good player. Pretty much betting that he's on a bubble right now. I don't think we are going to get rid of him.

19. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Lin/Asik for Horford...get er done!

20. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Nutso. Completely nutso. Full straight jacket material. Inform your local health department.