1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Jared Dudley] Lebron to Knicks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by oldman, Jul 7, 2010.

1. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

As soon as ESPN got the press conference every media outlet in the nation in competition with them has been trying to break the news to spoil it for ESPN. I believe what's being rumored.

Anyways, I thought it was fairly evident James would go to the Knicks when we found out that he was trying to recruit Bosh to Cleveland and Bosh basically said no -

A. If he wanted to go to Chicago, he would have just teamed up with Bosh there.

B. Miami was never a big enough basketball city to lure Lebron.

C. Everyone knows he wanted Amare at this trade deadline anyways, so he has faith in his game.

D. He basically made an announcement that he would hold a press conference soon after we all heard the rumblings that Bosh was refusing to go to Cleveland. Obviously that spurred a decision in his mind.

E. I could have missed something incredibly vital, or just am plain wrong....and he ends up deciding he doesn't mind giving Cleveland a year or two more to try and figure it out/doesn't mind going and trying to convince Chicago he is the GOAT (will never happen, no matter what he does....so yeah that still isn't an option).

2. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Gahh. :mad: Frustrating day in Houston.

3. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Totally agree with this. While there will be excessive hype if Lebron does end up in NY and I'm sure it'll annoy me, it'll also be great for the NBA. Having the knicks competitive and relevant will be huge for the league, in terms of publicity, tv revenue/contracts and public perception/awareness. It will probably have similar effects as the NY Yankees does for MLB... Now i despise the Yankees more than any team besides from the dodgers, but I have to admit, they are one of the driving forces behind MLB. The Yankees improve, ratings, stadium revenue and fan/public/media attention whenever they play and especially in the playoffs. I believe the knicks with Lebron will have a similar effect on NBA, which hasnt seen such since MJ and the Bulls.

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i am still hoping he becomes a new jersey net

5. TheDreams

TheDreams Member

TMZ is basing their report from Jared Dudley's "inside info".

6. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Its unfortunate they are still the New jersey Nets... If they'd already been the Brooklyn Nets, I think they'd be in real contention (maybe even a fav) to get Lebron.

7. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

Me too. Thats the only chance I think we have, barring a last second change of heart to try out Chicago. People keep talking about what a **** hole Newark is (and they are right) but Jesus, Lebron was open to the idea of staying in Cleveland.

For anyone that has ever been to either....that fact holds water.

I always thought the Nets were the best situation anyways, eventually be in Brooklyn - the real basketball Mecca, better players than the Knicks, better owner than the Knicks, and one of best friends is part owner.

God, please let it be the Nets.

8. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

These informations were probably leaked so that there won't be too much of a shocker for a lot of people especially for Cleveland for tomorrow.

1 person likes this.
  9. Asian Sensation

His surrounding cast in NY would be even worse than what he had in Cleveland and that's with the addition of Amare.

10. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

http://twitter.com/CV31

Hmmm. Maybe Jared Dudley and CV know the same thing.

11. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

TMZ is just quoting Jared Dudley. They're not reporting.

12. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

As if LeBron cares about anything other than his own brand.

13. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

I'm pretty sure NY could beat Lebron-less Cleveland team no problem. The only problem NY don't play defense.

14. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AviP7M35jXHXhk2kqRUeYkq8vLYF?slug=aw-lebrondecision070710

Well written article. I know it's 2010 and any kind of constructive criticism is labeled as haters gon hateee, but it should make you respect the Kobe's and Durant's of the league a little more.

15. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

16. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

amare would be the best player lebron has ever played with, and well damn, the east is gonna really interesting the next 5 years. the magic aint ever winning anything unless they can some how get rid of lewis, what a stupid contract, if it wasnt for that, they would be contending for one of these stars.

i know im going out on a limb but what if the howard grows tired of orlando, maybe he could be had once we get rid of yao ming.

17. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

I'll tell you a good way to figure out whether we are right about the rumors. If the rumors keep building about Lebron to NY and ESPN never bothers to report on any of them....good chance says that it is correct information. I mean this whole thing is being setup in tandem with Lebron, I guarantee Broussard and a few other people know. But know this is about building ESPN's brand....not actually providing the breaking sports news.

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It is funny how ESPN reporters were falling over themselves to get the latest scoop on LeBron, but now I don't see indications there that LeBron is very likely headed to NY.

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Even if he does,the value of the 2 picks won't be completely lost. A couple of low 1st rounders,or a low 1st round or a high 2nd rounder can still prove useful.

20. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

agreed.

best support he can hope for comes in chicago and chicago alone.

seriously, rose/boozer isn't too far behind wade/bosh. except they have noah and deng. both teams have another max to spend on more help, but chicago might be better than the heat this year if neither team lands lebron.