1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Jared Dudley] Lebron to Knicks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by oldman, Jul 7, 2010.

1. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

member of bulls front office believes lebron going to knicks. bulls will focus on boozer.

link

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

This close to the announcement and it seems that the Knicks are at the center of all the rumors.

Not looking good for Cleveland.

Really though, other than being home Cleveland has nothing to offer bron. That team is maxed out and won't get any better for a while with Bron.

3. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

rumors aren't always reliable, but where there is smoke there is fire...

this is getting scary.

4. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

besides being his hometown, what other rationale for him to choose cleveland? zero.

the knicks may not have the depth now, but they can always add. both lebron and amare are fairly young. and you know the knicks will spend spend spend to accomodate lebron.

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If true, I'm wondering how this leaked. I thought he wasn't going to inform the team on his decision until 5 minutes before.

And, yeah, LeBron would become an instant villain. He doesn't owe anything to Cleveland, but NY ... really?

6. mortiki85

mortiki85 Member

I guess I'm the only Rockets fan that thinks even with Amare and Lebron, the Knicks are still gonna suck, they wouldn't have anymore money to pick up anyone else worth having. David Lee won't be able to re-sign and he was a huge part of their very little success. Amare can only be successfull if someone is dishing the ball to him like Nash, so his numbers would go down, he doesn't play defense anyways. Not good enough shooters around Lebron to dish for 3's, and I'm sure that if this does happen (which is sounds like it will) Morey has probably had a plan about that anyways. I'm also glad that we didn't get Bosh, that dude isn't worth a max contract and surely isn't worth Scola, Battier and Ariza, he and Wade won't win anything. Wade's best chance to win another ring was to come to Houston, or somehow get to Orlando.

7. t_mac1

amare and lebron are talking. lebron says to amare i'm coming. amare got too excited and told his best friend from the suns (dudley). dudley wants to get in on this (and increase his twitter exposure) so he announced this.

can you imagine the hype if he goes to the knicks? the mecca of basketball? the biggest media market? and the thirst knicks fans have for a superstar player/winning?

why not new york i say?

as a rockets fans, this truly sucks (and i would trade those picks ASAP). but as a basketball fan, this is a great thing.

8. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

I don't know about suck, especially in the East. However one thing is for sure. That sure doesn't help our NY draft pick.

9. t_mac1

lebron ALONE will guarantee any eastern team at least a top 4 seed. that's just him alone, even with scrubs. he's that good.

his problem is his teammates in the playoffs. reg. season is too easy for him.

10. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

to be fair - SAS's first call was Bosh and Wade to Miami

he should have just kept his mouth shut and he would have improved his cred just a tad

11. durvasa

As a Knicks fan, it would be a great thing. Who decided that NY is the "mecca" of basketball? Probably someone from New York.

12. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I think they will have some growing pains this season but should battle for a playoff spot, however next offseason with another max slot available...YIKES.

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

if this is true, it will be NY vs. MIA for control of the Eastern Conference for years.

14. t_mac1

every commentator, basketball player, or whoever has been interviewed. lebron, MJ, kobe, marv albert... all has called MSG the mecca of basketball. and that's where the knicks play.

true or not, i don't know. but that's the perception.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Muslims?

16. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that's a bit excessive. Lebron & Amare can take that team to the playoffs fairly easy in the east (given they are all healthy). Hell, i'd just run an Amare/Lebron pick and roll all game.

those 2 plus Gallinair (who seems like a pretty letgit player) isnt a bad trio to have. Of course they have to fill some holes and they will be undersized. that team will make the playoffs.

17. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I really think it's gonna be the Nets..

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

espn radio said the press conference is from
    Greenwich, CT

19. durvasa

I guess its because MSG is such a famous arena, and so playing basketball there means you've really made it big (in theory). But it is just perception. I would think that playing in MSG twice a year makes it more special than playing there 41 times a year.

20. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldnt be too surprised with that either. With boozer to the bulls just being reported...that pretty much leaves the nets/knicks/cle