1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jared Crick - does he have a degenerative muscle condition?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by XIrocket, Apr 29, 2012.

1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

IT'S ALL AN NFL CONSPIRACY!!! :eek:

2. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Hilarious!, do you also know that you park on a driveway and drive on a parkway? what's the deal with that? That's what she said!!

4. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

So if this guy is a Cannibal... Who will be suspended from the league for murder on or off the field first.

Him or Cushing.

Debate.

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

7. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

(with Suh) '09: 73 tkls; 9.5 sks; 15 TFL; 16 QBHs; 2 FF
    (post Suh) '10: 70 tkls; 9.5 sks; 17 TFL; 10 QBHs; 1 FF

They look remarkably the same.

8. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

yea, questionable medical staff.

9. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Stop it with all that stat nonsense. :mad:

I think the Texans had a bad draft! :mad: Im a grown man I'm 40! :mad: I'm miserable and base all my miserableness on 2 youtube clips and nfl mock draft sites so I definitely know more then Rick Smith, the college scouting staff, the pro scouting staff, Kubiak, Wade just name them I know better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: DERP DERP DERP :rolleyes: :eek: :mad: :rolleyes: I cant take it must post crying whining must post wahhhhhhhh wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! :tear baby smiley:

10. SamFisher

2011?

Granted, I'm not saying he's a bad draft pick, he just was a guy who benefitted a lot when other players are double teamed and put up some gaudy numbers - wasn't really able to do the same when he was the man.

11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

MSGDTTPM*

*(Missed seven games due to torn pectoral muscle)

1 person likes this.
  12. Hey Now!

His 2010 numbers were identical to his 2009 numbers. I'm at a loss how you could be handed those and have any response beyond, "My bad."

As for 2011, he only started/finished 3 games. And FYI - set a 22 TFL pace in those 3 games. Granted, small sample size - but it's further proof he was plenty disruptive without Suh.

13. SamFisher

Uh he played 5 games, and it's pretty hard to spin his 7 tackle - 1 sack, 2.5 tfl- from a returning all american/1st round projected draft pick as anyting other than...oh maybe those 2.5 sack games against the Idaho's of the universe in 2010 were a bit of a mirage.

The guy was not a dominant pass rusher, he picked up a lot of Suh-sacks and late-in-the progression sacks because everybody was covered because they had guys like Prince Amaumakura out there. Eventually it caught up with him.

14. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

In 2009, with Suh:

Crick had one game against Baylor (4-8 record) in which he got 5 sacks.
    0.5 against Arkansas St.
    1.0 against Virginia Tech
    1.0 against Missouri
    1.0 against Texas Tech
    0.5 against Oklahoma
    0.5 against Texas

In 2010, without Suh:
    2.5 against Idaho
    1.0 against Oklahoma St.
    1.0 against Missouri
    2.0 against Kansas
    1.0 against Texas A&M
    2.0 against Oklahoma

Seems to me that he was much more consistent and just as disruptive without Suh. Also, he had more TFL in 2010, without a dominant force next to him.

And really, bringing up that they had Prince at CB as a way to discount his sacks is silly. Its like saying that Barwin's sacks were BS bc Joseph was in the secondary.

You're arguing against the evidence.

15. SamFisher

Actually the Baylor game is the perfect example, nearly a quarter of his sack output for his entire career came in one game... but if I'm wrong and he's a monster without Suh, whay did he suck so hard in 2011 , and why was he a 7th round pick? And not a 1-3 round pick? Sacks are pretty fickle things.

16. Mashing

Mashing Member

Yes he is, and QB is on the menu!

17. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He was a 4th round pick, but let's hope that he proves to be a first round talent that dropped due to health concerns that were proven to be behind him.*fingers crossed*

18. Hey Now!

So... Crick’s 2009 season was a Suh-aided fluke; his 2010 season, which was Suh-less but statistically identical, was aided by playing Idaho every week and/or playing alongside Prince Amaumakura, and thus a mirage; meaning we FINALLY(!) got a true measure of his potential in 2011 when he started and finished all of three games (out of 13) - good?

Again: it’s not too late to offer a, "my bad' – its as much is a nobler approach. It certainly beats sticking your fingers in your ear and shouting, "NAHNAHIMNOTLISTENINGTOYOUNAHNAH!!"

19. SamFisher

My bad, I didn't know that it's not allowed to say what many others have said about Crick and raise the same questions about his performance that NFL scouts and husker fans apparently did. 2011 Crick was an anomaly, the 1 true crick will rise from the ashes.

Won't happen again, battlefightin Texans to Superbowl, Huskers to BCS title game in 2013! :)

20. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

He's coming off an injury riddled season...Im sure that dropped his stock at least a round or two. Given that he was a 4th round selection, its safe to say that if he had a healthy 2011 and put up similar numbers, he would have gone late 1st or 2nd round. Durability is a concern with him, but thats the risk the Texans took...Crick was projected to go in the 3rd with injury issues, so when he was there in the 4th, seemed to make plenty of sense. Low risk, very high reward.

Looking at his highlights...Very impressive. JJ Watt Lite.