1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

January 6, 2021 Aftermath: Repercussions

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Xerobull, Jan 10, 2021.

1. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...and he STILL got his desire for his special dessert.
    ...ask @Rocket River.

...next they'll have to let him wear his sacred ceremonial shaman garb to his court appearances.

(a side note: authorities COULD be making sure this dogmeat is healthy enough to stand trial and conviction, and aren't going to let him starve or sicken himself out of the full punishment his ridiculous a$$ deserves. But that might be asking for too much...)

Rocket River and Xerobull like this.
  2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Epstein didn't kill himself. Just saying.

ROCKSS, Dubious and Xerobull like this.
  3. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...Bill Clinton's reach is long and powerful. He doesn't have the nickname "Bubba" for nothing.

jiggyfly likes this.
  4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I was thinking more about the other side.

5. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

The other side is thinking MORE about the other side of the other side that YOU'RE thinking about the other side.

Prove me wrong.

AleksandarN likes this.
  6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Someone is getting 10-20 years jail term. Of course murderer with more.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That’s what I expected to happen. However, considering the events that have unfolded, events that have not only shaken the country, but literally have the world wondering what’s become of the United States they thought they knew, it’s gratifying to see.

The wheels of our justice system are turning and the riotous mob that was bent on sedition are being tracked down. Meanwhile, in our own State of Texas, the leader of the coup attempt not only refuses to show remorse (not that I expected him to), he frantically blames anyone and anything he can think of for what he caused himself. trump needs to be put on trial, being responsible for all the madness.

There will be people going to prison who were caught up in the moment because of trump’s words spoken just before those thousands attacked and sacked the Capitol of our country. Lives will be ruined because of trump. Hundreds of lives. Likely thousands of lives before this is over. Americans deluded by this madman's insanity, urged to attack their own country for him. If anyone should be behind bars, staring at years in prison, it is Mr. trump.

Reeko, ROCKSS, VooDooPope and 6 others like this.
  8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Need to go hard against these seditionist and set clear examples for wanna be.

Reeko, VooDooPope, malakas and 2 others like this.
  9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

The straw that broke the camel's back: Geraldo turns:

ArtV and mdrowe00 like this.
  11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Geraldo should realize that loyalty to Trump only goes one way.

Deckard, JeffB and mdrowe00 like this.
  12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

13. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

Geraldo couldn't realize that the potentially 50-year old vault of a Chicago mob boss might be empty by the time he got a television crew and a news network to film him opening it.

There was never anything there of real value with the Donald.

...And it's no surprise that Geraldo would be one of the last people to figure that out...;)

Deckard, mikol13, JeffB and 3 others like this.
  14. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

15. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

They aren’t above the law. If a regular citizen did that they would be zip tied and led to jail do the same thing to these entitled snowflakes.

16. marky :)

marky :) Member

Maybe they should starting have a true/false exam in order to be in these positions.

'Metal detectors in front of government buildings are unconstitutional:'
    True - I'm a moron and don't know the constitution.
    False - I'm not a moron and I understand the constitution.

vlaurelio likes this.
  17. Dubious

The Aftermath - This **** had to happen to bring a reckoning of the absurdity of right wing politics in this nation. How else would we have been able to , if not break, severely restrain the cult of lies that absolutely convinced 74 million people of an alternate reality. Political inertia and intransigence are only influenced by radical events. Now a much larger percentage of the American people will view right wing propaganda with reservations. More people will see that Fox News and the others were complicit. More people will call bullshit when their local election candidates spew lies and negative campaigns.

I know this is shocking and painful, people died and a large number of people that were deceived are going to prison, loose jobs and be pariahs for the rest of their lives. But, in the long run, this will be massively positive for American Democracy

#177 Dubious, Jan 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    mdrowe00, Hakeemtheking and Amiga like this.
  18. malakas

malakas Member

I am afraid it isn't over. The Trump extremists will prove even more they are terrorists and traitors in the coming days.
    I fear there will be bombings and more coup attempts this week.

19. Dubious

I don't think anybody thinks it's over, but the inertia did shift and that is huge. We are in for weeks of revelations and charges, and it is going to include some GOP Congresspersons, we are in for moths of an impeachment trial where every revolting detail is exposed, years of scholarly examination with tens of book and hundreds of articles. The people that were misleading people and were still held up a heroes are going to be vilified so that anyone that spews patriotism in discriminating against groups of Americans will be turned away as deplorable.

Right now, the FBI is rolling up the preparators like a cheap carpet and the National Guard has 10,000 troops on site. We are going to get through this. Sure, there will be some insane and violent acts yet, but as a movement 'Stop The Steal" is dead and it's leadership exposed as fools. Looking at you Ted Cruz.

#179 Dubious, Jan 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  20. Dubious

Preach it Sister!

Reeko, JeffB, Hakeemtheking and 3 others like this.