1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jane's Addiction -- End To The Lies

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by KingCheetah, Apr 11, 2011.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/p84QiG1v3lA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Whether they meant to release it or not is debatable, but since a working version of Jane's Addiction's new track, End To The Lies, hit the internet last month, it's become viral buzz. And so, the band has responded by offering up the finished track on their official website for free.

Of the track, Jane's Addiction guitarist Dave Navarro told Spinner.com, "To me, it sounds like an updated Jane's Addiction as it has the hypnotic repetitive nature of some of our early work combined with a modern approach."

The song is from the band's first album in eight years, The Great Escape Artist, which includes songwriting and bass-playing from TV On The Radio's Dave Sitek (and may or may not include contributions from bassist Duff McKagan).

Despite the rotating bass player situation, frontman Perry Farrell said that during the recording process the band was "fully immersed in the process of making modern music. It has been a great experience thus far, and the results have so much potential."

As a document to recording 'modern music,' Jane's Addiction have released a 'making-of' video for End To The Lies, which can be viewed above. The Great Escape Artist is slated for August release.

link

Free download from their site:

end to the lies

2. KingCheetah

Wow, no interest in this -- oh how the mighty have fallen....

I guess Satellite Party killed Perry Farrell.

3. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

I was really disappointed in Strays. As a matter of fact, Dave Navarro is starting to creep me out. Maybe not in an aging rocker kinda way...but in a Boy George cross dressing ridiculousness way.

Hey Dave...quit scaring me with your appearance...and just stick to playing kickass guitar riffs.

4. KingCheetah

I thought Strays had about 4 good songs, which is not bad for an aging band. Navarro has never bothered me -but Perry is without a doubt a weirdo.

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Meh, he just needs to come out and be loud and clear about it. It's called clarifying expectations.

6. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Did anyone else catch them on the Strays tour at Verizon? ****ing epic show. Perry is an unbelievable frontman.

I'm pumped about a new Jane's album.

7. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Forgot to comment on the new song.

Not too bad. I like the direction the sound is going. Very reminiscentof NS and RDLH.

8. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I liked Strays. This is one of my favorite songs from that album.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xoTzMAFetLs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>