1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Jan 6 committee claims enough evidence has been found to indict Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Reeko, Jun 12, 2022.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Have a nice life harassing someone else, or criticizing them for what they post about. You can get all up in someone else's business and try controlling what they say or do, or start calling them liars, but this woman isn't going to listen to it. You are now on ignore.

No Worries, TheJuice and mdrowe00 like this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol

3. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I bet if you went on his website he is already spinning the truth again....LOL.
    I can only imagine, because it's not worth my time reading any more of his BS.

4. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

If there is sufficient evidence there should be an indictment and prosecution to the furthest extent of the law. No quarter given. No one is above the law especially those who are a threat to our Republic. Honestly Trump should be stripped of his citizenship. Maybe Putin will take him in.

There’s not going to be a civil war. If the white trash nationalists want to crawl out of their moms basements and riot again then just arrest them and they can join the other 1/6 traitorous insurrectionists.

TheJuice, ROCKSS and deb4rockets like this.
  5. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I'm devastated. Hopefully I can recover from being put on ignore by an internet poster.

Still going to make fun of you btw

6. King1

Lmao. I love it

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Oops

250m fundraising scheme that was a total lie.

That is called wire fraud.

TheJuice, B-Bob, Andre0087 and 2 others like this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Trump has lived his life on that stuff....

Fake Children's charity
    Fake University
    Fake Election claim to raise money for challenge, but small print says money to be used however he wants.

Fraud fraud fraud.

DD

TheJuice, cdastros and deb4rockets like this.
  9. CCorn

CCorn Member

Lol I like how someone enters a thread about trump, starts attacking Pelosi and Biden, and then says he doesn’t support trump.

surreeeeee

10. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Or comes in a Trump thread and criticizes me for talking about the subject of the thread. LOL. The only reason I can see someone doing that is if they don't want to hear that most of the GOP party went along with defending his coup.

11. King1

My post history supports my comments. I've said it forever. The thing is (and why we have the problems we do) when anyone disagrees with idiots like yourself you just toss the "Trump" label on them because it's easy instead of actually having a honest conversation. You're lazy though. Hope you enjoyed your stimulus checks. Stick to trying to market your bs company in the hangout lol

Pistol Pete likes this.
  12. King1

I clearly said he should be arrested. All you talk about is Trump and you need professional help. Obviously nobody else in your life cares enough yo tell you that apparently though.

Edit:wasted my time. Forgot you are so soft that you need to ignore people on the internet. Military? Yeah right lol

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Coming from someone that can’t stand Hillary Clinton. Thinks Biden is a dead man that I guess you could say is slightly animated. She does not need professional help regarding Trump.

There are only two options for a President at a given time. Nothing else to choose from. Guess what… they f’ing blow.

Annnnnd Trump is a pitiful excuse for a human being. No matter if it’s Q BS or televangelist preachers, people buying snake oil from infowars the people in this country that just lap that **** up. Trump falls right in line to the other examples just believe anything they are told can’t think critically about a fu^cking thing.

If she gets annoyed by those types of people and that man I don’t blame her in the least. It’s a pathetic situation all around. Deserves to be mocked. I know people from high school that have probably never read a single damn book their entire lives. Know next to nothing about political philosophy, religious philosophy, science, name a damn subject. Buttttt they love someone like trump. He is seemingly successful crude blah blah blah. Again it’s pathetic.

You making fun of her though in a way just adds to the hypocrisy of stupidity and ignorance. Go for it I guess.

TheJuice likes this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The tale of two seditions: Justice and House disagree over Trump’s Jan. 6 role

https://thehill.com/opinion/judicia...ce-and-house-disagree-over-trumps-jan-6-role/

excerpt:

There is a fundamental contradiction between the committee’s sedition theory and the theory being pursued by the Justice Department in its sedition cases. Specifically, to the committee, Trump is the root of all evil, and the militia groups were acting at his direction. To the prosecutors, by contrast, Trump has virtually nothing to do with the seditious conspiracy cases they have filed — cases in which he is neither charged as defendant nor named as an unindicted co-conspirator.

The reason for this contradiction is obvious — or at least it would be, if the committee probe were a true fact-finding investigation and not an anti-Trump infomercial.

As a federal prosecutor in the early-to-mid-’90s, I tried the last major, successful seditious conspiracy case in the United States — against anti-American jihadists who, in 1993, bombed the World Trade Center and were thwarted while plotting to bomb other New York City landmarks.

Based on that experience, I have argued that the Justice Department should not have invoked the sedition statute, which was first enacted during the Civil War. We never have had a seditious conspiracy case in which defendants could claim credibly that they were acting at the behest of the President of the United States — the commander in chief — when they took forcible action.

The fact that Trump’s “Stop The Steal” pretensions were baseless did not stop the militia groups from believing them. In a sedition case, it is their intent and motive that matter. In their minds, the Oath Keepers and Proud Boys were not levying war against the U.S. or taking up arms against the government. They were attempting to protect the U.S. and its government from saboteurs who were bent on stealing the presidential election from Trump. They were convinced by his incessant claims that he was the rightful victor.

To be clear, I am not saying the militias are innocent of all crimes. There are plenty of charges that could and should be brought against them, such as obstructing congressional proceedings and assaulting federal officers. That would give them decades of potential imprisonment. I am just saying that seditious conspiracy is the wrong charge.

To try to get around this problem, the Justice Department has adopted the fiction that Trump barely has anything to do with Jan. 6. Basically, prosecutors portray him as just a pretext for aggression against the Capitol that the Oath Keepers and Proud Boys would have carried out anyway. Prosecutors are stressing that the defendants forcibly attacked the government but are unrealistically pretending that they were not catalyzed by the president — the chief executive of government.

By contrast, the committee more accurately contends that Trump’s “Stop The Steal” rhetoric incited the militias. This completely contradicts the Justice Department’s sedition theory.

Yet, the committee has a problem, too. It lacks evidence that Trump truly intended to stoke a violent attack, rather than merely ratchet up pressure on Vice President Mike Pence and Congress not to count electoral votes of states he was contesting. Moreover, the committee apparently lacks evidence that Trump coordinated with the militias, willfully directing them to execute a violent attack.

Sedition makes for powerful political rhetoric, but in court you need proof. Sure, the Justice Department has managed to pressure some militia members to plead guilty, but that does not mean prosecutors would win their seditious conspiracy case if it is challenged aggressively, as some of the charged defendants are likely to do.

Meanwhile, the Jan. 6 committee is touting the Justice Department’s cases and hoping no one notices that (a) the Justice Department is running away from the committee’s claim that Trump is the instigator, and (b) the Justice Department is doing that because there is no proof beyond a reasonable doubt that Trump knowingly conspired with the militias.

What Trump did was reprehensible. There are many reasons to condemn it. That does not make him, or anyone else, guilty of seditious conspiracy.
    more at the link

15. CCorn

CCorn Member

Surreeeeeeeee

16. King1

Well, I've been here since 2004. Dave isn't deleting my post history. You won't look it up of course. I'll tell you about your business though. Want me to start?

17. King1

Lol. Corey you're a bum

18. CCorn

CCorn Member

I imagine you’re talking about Waitr, which I quit after Tilman purchased the company. Anyways I don’t really care your thoughts. You jumped in here to talk about people not related to the topic and I called you out on it. Not much else to this conversation.

19. Nook

Nook Member

Nothing is going to happen to Trump.

The Republicans are not going to sanction or punish him, he is the face of the parts.

The Justice Department can charge him with something but it won't matter because Republicans control the Supreme Court.

As soon as I read Alito make reference to long discredited conspiracy theories in his draft decision on Roe v Wade, I knew this was all political.

Trump "won", he has enough control of the government to get away with anything he wants as long as he has the support of his party.

If Trump wins re-election just wait for the "executive orders" that are unlimited because he has the Supreme Court numbers.

TheJuice, ROCKSS, Blatz and 1 other person like this.
  20. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

A conman committing fraud? Say it ain't so...

VooDooPope likes this.