1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jan 29, Rockets at Spurs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by landryMVP, Jan 16, 2011.

1. landryMVP

landryMVP Member

Anyone planning on going to san antonio for that game? we went up there the last time and met up with the rowdies, I just wanna see what section i should get tickets in if any big groups are going again?

2. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

didn't plan on it, but now I can. I live just outside of S.A.

3. rawool

rawool Member

I'll probably be going.

4. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

I think a few of us Red Rowdies are going. Our trip hasn't been as organized as it has been in the past. Tickets are A LOT more expensive than from what I've seen in the last 3 times I've gone, but maybe it's because we've waited so long to buy tickets. I'm also having a difficult time finding tickets together. I'd like to go again because I always enjoy games in SA. If you're still planning on going I'll let you know what section we'll be in.

Were you one of ElPigto's cousins? Or were you in that group I talked to in the concourse and y'all came and sat with us at halftime?

Some Red Rowdies are looking into making the trip to New Orleans for a game this season. The game falls on a Sunday.

5. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

I looked at tickets for this game, they are hella expensive.

6. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Was going to go to that game but had something come up that same weekend.

7. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I hope to be there. Please don't defile the National Anthem, it makes us all look low class. I was embarrassed to have on a Rockets shirt last time I went to a game in SA b/c of that.

8. scola4

scola4 Member

My friends and I are going! We all go to school at UTSA but were from Houston and huge Rockets fans...

Any ideas for a sign we could bring to the game?

9. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

Damn. Why are tickets so expensive? My friends and I (from UT Austin) went last year and it was a blast. I really wanna go again. But the cheapest is like 22 and there are only 4 available at the moment from the Spurs' version of Flash Seats. From the official site, the cheapest is 35 bucks. WTF?

10. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

I went to a Dallas/San Antonio playoff game last year for $18..

11. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

I know! I've gotten like $12-16 tickets in the past. I guess that's what happens when the home team is 36-6.... their fans start showing up. I was hoping that the value would go down because the Rockets aren't an above .500 team.

Don't wear a Rockets shirt next time

12. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Every single Rockets game that I have been to for the last 18 years I have cheered at "...the rockets red glare" part. Heck the entire building cheers. I do not see that as "defiling" the National Anthem.

1 person likes this.
  13. Roxs-Redemption

Depends where are you sitting; because I was think of "San Antonio Sucks" ;)

14. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

You might be low-class in that case.

I cannot tell you how ashamed I was to be a Rocket fan the last time I was in SA for a game. SO disrespectful, especially to the person singing the anthem.

15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

The Baltimore Orioles do something similar like that. It's tradition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_Bill_Hagy#.22O.21.22

16. Sman2k10

Sman2k10 Member

I go to UTSA too. Good to know there is a fellow rocket in UTSA

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I might have to make the drive down from Austin for that game if there are enough Clutchfans going.

DD

18. Merla08

Merla08 Member

I got 2 tickets yesterday for $20 bucks each. Came out to $57 after taxes and charges. Ridiculous how they charge for all that extra handling, tax crap. I don't mind tho, I try to make all the Rockets games here in SA. Should be fun to see Melo in a Rockets uniform for the first time!

19. landryMVP

landryMVP Member

Yea we are having trouble finding some seats together too. One of my friends that lives in san antonio said he found a site where they resale the tickets, and the cheapest we found so far were like 25 a piece but none together. Ill keep checking and let you know if we find a bunch together and go from there. O and I was the in the main concourse and came over there after halftime

20. srupselur21

srupselur21 Rookie

Rox fans & team,, Get the *&^* ready to get your butt kicked on the court and on the stands.. better not wear that ugly red jersey either..
    Get ready to get out coached, out hustled, out dunked, out jumped, out everything ,, .. GO SPURS GO

[​IMG]