1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jan 11 Games

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BrooksBall, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Shaud

Shaud Member

Man Bogut just missed a point blank layup when the Bucks were down 2 to the Suns with just over a minute left.

Looks like it may cost them.

2. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Nash's turnovers over the last 6 games: 7, 6, 6, 7, 6, 5

I understand the Suns run and get more possessions but those are still big numbers.

For all of Nash's greatness, he does get careless even within that kind of offense and his defense is probably among the worst in the league at his position.

Fortunately, his shooting and court vision are so exceptional that they outweigh his weaknesses.

3. BeCoMiNgThEbEsT

9 secs to go with 4pt apart

4. BeCoMiNgThEbEsT

Game Over 105-101 MIL LOST! Damn

5. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Big win for the Hawks tonight! I realize Rasheed and Captain Douchebag didn't play, but all the same, the C's have been inside the Hawks' heads. Beating them should give them some confidence and some extra boost.

6. BrooksBall

Jennings finishes 5-for-18 for yet another poor shooting night.

Meanwhile, Ridnour is playing really well this season.

Jennings is the future but I wouldn't be shocked to see Ridnour get some starts in the near future while Jennings makes some adjustments.

7. BrooksBall

The Hawks are 3-0 against the Celtics this season. I would think the Hawks are starting to get in the Celtics' heads.

I know you follow the Hawks more closely than I do so maybe I'm not sure what you mean.

8. Shaud

Shaud Member

I was thinking that while watching the game. Will Jennings remain in the starting lineup.

With Redd out for the season I think he still stay and they will let him grow. His shooting has been horrible though.

9. baller4life315

I know that sounds funny but given how mentally fragile they are, I still think part of them thinks they're not better than the C's at full strength and are still uneasy about going down in the playoffs and going 0-4 last year. I don't know. This team is just goofy but for the first time the Hawks finally seem to have their number. There's just something about these big teams that the Hawks generally can't close out that gets in their heads. I was speaking more so about the past.

10. Shaud

Shaud Member

Have the Hawks faced the Celtics healthy yet?

At this point you have to wonder will the Celtics ever get healthy though.

11. BeCoMiNgThEbEsT

almost Half Time between Cavs and GSW...

12. baller4life315

13. Shaud

Shaud Member

Thanks.

I saw two Hawks fan on another board saying the only team that worries them are the Magic. They believe they can handle the Celtics and Cavs if they play them in the playoffs.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The thing is, the Suns as a team don't average more TOs per possession with Nash on the court than with him off the court -- and it's been true over the last several seasons.

I think Nash's turnover number is simply a matter of him having such large "time of possession" each game, and spending so much time driving in a crowd trying to create offense for the Suns. He might have a lot of TOs, but I bet he decreases the number of TOs by other players by giving them catch & shoot or catch and dunk opportunities. So, in the end, it kind of evens out.

15. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Anyone here know of a site that heavily streams NBA games daily?

I know of justin.tv and channelsurfing.net, but they usually don't have many games streaming; if any.

16. BrooksBall

Interesting points. I was just surprised when I saw the raw numbers.

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Maybe it will help the Hawks forget the complete shellacking they got from the "slumping" Magic.

18. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

Man it was painful watching Celtics / Hawks on NBA TV. Can't something be done about Tommy Heihsohn?

19. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

Although the Warriors lost, Corey Maggette is making DD look real good. 32pts on only 14 shots. 17/18 from the FT line. Efficiency at its best.