1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James White is the mocap for NBA 2k10

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by faraza84, Aug 4, 2009.

1. faraza84

faraza84 Member

I just found out that the guy doing motion capture on dunks and other things for nba 2k10 is James White!
    http://twitter.com/Ronnie2K
    Wow im suprised he got a big role in a game, lets see if he can break rotation for the rockets. Lock if already posted.

I hope to see some dunks from the free throw line in the game and in the TC

2. jackie_moon23

jackie_moon23 Member

He'll have to get on the floor before we get to see any free throw line dunks...but we can hope!

3. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

The dude is a freaking beast in 2k9. If you press the shoot button at the 3 point line he will jump over the entire team and dunk it.

4. joesr

joesr Member

whats mo cap?

5. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

video games use 'motion capturing' to get the mechanics of real life into their animations.

[​IMG]

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Remember MDP?

MOCAP = Marginal Or Crappy Athletic Player

The best motion capture story is Ang Lee in that awful Hulk movie, where he insisted on being the mocap.

7. faraza84

faraza84 Member

wow i just noticed i have no rep like james white and i started this thread. Fml
    someone help

8. jason3333

jason3333 Member

good for him, hard work pays off, hopefully he gets a chance to play this year, good luck james :cool:

9. Cook1ez

Cook1ez Member

LMAO!

10. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

True statement, hes interesting in that if you try a layup over a guard, he'll faill all over the place but if you have any kind of empty lane, he'll take off from anywhere

11. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

My box is even too lame for 2k9. :(