1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James, Take a Deep Breath: You Got This and You Are Not Alone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vator, Apr 26, 2014.

1. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

The issue has more to do with how the playoff game played, and be referred. In the regular season, Harden lives at FT lines, and he scored a lot on the fast break. That has changed in the playoff, it's more of a slow-down half court game, and the ref won't give him those calls to put him to the FT.

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

Harden needs to take it to the rack strong like we know he can. Settling for too many dribble pull-ups. Get some confidence going to the paint and create space to hit your jumpers.

3. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

I think this one goes well for Harden. :grin:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pAyKJAtDNCw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. yummyhawtsauce

Another positive thing is even if his shot isn't falling, as long as he tries to get his teammates involved and running PNR - that is a good thing.

5. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Am i the only when who's hearing that Michael Jackson song in my head?????? You are not alone I am here with you blah blah blah blah blah....

6. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Oh nvm LMAO....i guess i'm not the only one

7. hollywoodMarine

Could Harden settling for jumpers simply be due to fatigue? He has at least been trying to play better defense (for the 1st 2 games at least), is that draining his energy on offense?

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I believe in the Beard

9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

nice thread. paragraphs would make it much easier on eyes.

1 person likes this.
  10. 1510 Polk St

1510 Polk St Member

Great post.

1 person likes this.
  11. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Harden is due for a few highly efficient games and i hope it is sooner rather than later.

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Derozan lived at FT line during the regular season (averaged 1 less FT attempt a game) and he's still getting the same calls in the playoffs.

13. JazzLakerHater

Honestly, this is why I'm kind of optimistic for this series. Harden has yet to have the James Harden game. A James Harden game is those games where he drops 35 on like 15 shots. It's got to happen sometime in this series, he's just too good to be shooting this awfully.

14. kfmfe04

kfmfe04 Member

I don't like the ref'ing disparity between the teams (0 FT for G1H1?!?) and between shooters and plays in the paint, but you have to give the TB some credit for finessing their defence against Harden; for the most part, they are careful about backing off on Harden during his drives, while staying close enough to be a bother.

If you check the Blazers boards and listen to their coach, you will notice that they have strict orders not to touch Harden at all, for fear of drawing the foul.

It's time for Harden to step up and focus on making the shot rather than drawing the foul.

I saw some clear signs in Game 3 of Harden doing just that (a wet step-back mid-jumper and that great 3 off of a sloppy Lin pass) - quick releases - don't pound the rock and give them a chance to set up.

Out of the next 3-4 games, if we can just get 1-2 games from the REAL HARDEN, then we'll be in a fine place...

15. vator

vator Contributing Member

Noted and fixed...I guess I got carried away in my thoughts.

Man these playoffs have been crazy so far. The Mavs just beat the Spurs again. Monte Ellis had a good bounce back game as did Dirk although he still hasn't had one of the type of games we've grown accustomed to seeing from him. The Pacers should have lost today to the Hawks again, but pulled it out in the end. Atlanta shot under 36% for the game, but Paul George choked 2 free throws and Atlanta still had a chance to tie it up with a 3 pointer in the closing seconds.

Looking for James and Chandler to have breakout games real soon. That game 1 loss was really crazy. It is hard to remember that they were in complete control, but then everything that could go wrong, did go wrong towards the end. Even in overtime they seemed to have the game in hand after going up 6 and Howard defending LMA and forcing him into a terrible 3 point shot...that he nailed. Game 2, they got away from what they did to get to where they are and paid for it in the end.

Now it is time to settle the ship and play Rockets basketball. A win tomorrow allows you to hit the reset button and the series becomes a best of 3. A loss tomorrow obviously means the next home game is a must win and they will be forced to win a tough game 6 in a close out situation in Portland. I'm hoping for the best, but Houston knows all about being down 3-1. We all know how bleak things seem in those situations so I'm hoping they strap it up for tomorrow and can grind out another win. The most important thing they could have done was win last night though and they did that.

1 person likes this.
  16. dantian

dantian Member

No hate on Harden. All hate on McHale. He put all his bet all year long on Parsons being the 2nd playmaker next to Harden, and destroyed Lin's confidence by ranking him below Parsons and Beverly in that role. Yet, all this failed him as expected in the PO. The offense is simply too predictable to be effective in PO, as to winning games the same way as in regular season.

17. jocar

jocar Member

Amen brutha!!

Down 2-0?

37/9/6/1 TO
    Superstar mode: On

1 person likes this.
  18. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Great post OP. Unfortunately, Harden has had shooting % troubles for most of his playoff career. Here's hoping he can turn that around. :)

1 person likes this.
  19. vator

vator Contributing Member

He has had his good and bad series just like most other perimeter players. Durant and Westbrook have 9 and 10 points at the end of the 3rd quarter on 4-15 and 3-11 shooting right now. They are lucky Reggie Jackson finally showed up to the playoffs. Could you imagine if that were Harden and Howard what this board would be saying? It happens. I'm going to be optimistic considering what these other guys are going through.

By the way sorry about that MJ crying picture rep I gave you. It was an accident lol. Drunk repping...I do not advocate or condone it.

#39 vator, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  20. T.MAC

T.MAC Member