1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Hardin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HR Dept, Apr 4, 2013.

1. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Admittedly, I haven’t been able to watch the bulk of the Rox games this season. (Thanks to CSN) But, I’ve been hiding my IP and watching on League Pass BB since early last month. After watching Hardin play for a month or so, it’s almost amazing how beastly this guy really is.

But, I can’t help but think back to 2008 Olympics and the “Redeem Team.” I remember D-Wade and Lebron came back the next season with a new found commitment to the defensive side of the ball. Both were never horrible or below average defenders, but they seemed to commit after those summer games and became BIGTIME playmakers on both sides of the ball. For whatever reason.

So, my point: I don’t poke around the GARM much, but when I do, I don’t have to look far to find someone talking about Hardin’s D. IMO - Like Lebron and D-Wade, Hardin isn’t and never has been a horrible or below average defender. And once he commits to the defensive end and takes that next step, this guy will jockey with KD as the best player in the league. (If/when Lebron begins to decline of course.) Hardin has the body and quickness to be a tenacious defender. And nothing says dominance like a guy who’s a terror on both ends of the court.

Whatever it takes for that light switch to click, I hope it happens soon. Because I really think that this guy is just beginning to scratch the surface. Just my take from a fresh set eyes watching this team…

2. Lihao

Lihao Member

who is Hardin?

3. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

I don't know this James Hardin you speak of.

4. HR Dept

I'm an idiot, James HardEn.

5. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Hard-in the paint

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Is this Rusty's brother?

DD

7. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

You guys don't who James Hardin is?

He's in the back court with Jeramy Lin.

One of the big signings this year, along with Omar Asik.

Do you know our forwards at least? Chandler Persons and Terrance Jones?

Maybe you forgot about the 4 we traded earlier in the season, Patrick Peterson.

1 person likes this.
  8. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

LOL wow OP. Hardin? You not only did it in the title, but every single time you wrote his name in your post. That is disgraceful.

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

too late... thread hijacked.

10. HR Dept

Touche, guess it's back to the Hangout for me.

11. Normalus

Normalus Member

I guess he mean

[​IMG]

wait, what?

1 person likes this.
  12. mirror_image

mirror_image Contributing Member

I can't stop laughing now :)

13. Rocket Freak

Rocket Freak Contributing Member

Hi OP,

What is the best way to hide your ip? I thought proxy servers would be too slow to watch video streams? Thanks!

14. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

"If/when Lebron declines"

I do not see Lebron James declining ANY time soon. Actually, I was thinking about Kobe and Jordan and how they just kept getting better and better with age. Lebron has shown improvement EVERY year and has developed into a better basketball player without losing his physical ability. He is an iron man as well. I think he has missed like 30 games out of over 700! I can see Lebron still very effective in this league even at the age of 40 (over 20 years in the league). I don't think we have really seen much of that (maybe Ferdinand Lewis Alcindor, Jr. aka Kareem).

I do agree that Harden will improve and has the ability to make great defensive plays. I just thought I would comment on your comment about Lebron declining as if it will happen in the next 2-3 years. I know you weren't saying he WILL. But, I was just actually thinking about when will Lebron start declining the other day, so it was fresh on my mind.

15. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Looks like Rockets hired the wrong guy.

16. awc713

awc713 Member

harden saves all his energy for the offensive end...

not saying thats a bad or good thing...if he tries more on D, he'll be more tired on O..

i think this team would be best suited for a defensive 2 off the bench, a la thabo....then have him come in and have hardIn run the point

17. HR Dept

I use: https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/

Works just fine for me, and that's on a DSL connection. Check out the CSNHouston thread. Scionxa gives a lot of good info. Check in the 160s pages.

18. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Hotspot Shield?

19. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

You either go Hardin something, or you Hardon something. But don't even Harden something.

20. mig0s

mig0s Member

i stopped reading after Hardin