1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

~{ James Harden's Philadelphia 76ers }~

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ThatBoyNick, Feb 10, 2022.

1. Major

Major Member

I think people way underestimate how much the 76ers are going to miss Seth Curry. They have more pure talent now, but not sure it's going to gel and fit together very well. We'll see - I think Simmons theoretically could work in a healthy Nets team. Durant, Irving, Simmons all play very different styles of basketball and have different strengths, so theoretically it can all complement each other well. But it'll take some coaching to make it fit and I'm not sure they have that.

My best guess is (assuming health across the board) is that both teams are worse in the short term.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Isn't Simmons also in vaxxed?

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Supposedly Sixers fans are ok with Seth Curry leaving because the Hawks constantly hunted him in matchups and exploited his D in the playoffs. Hawks kept getting whatever they wanted and it was a big part why Hawks won that series.

clutchdabear and hakeem94 like this.
  4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

He hates Harden as much as another poster hates homeless people

jiggyfly and HP3 like this.
  5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Latest status is he's vaccinated, I believe.

6. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I think both teams got better. But in the end, the Sixers are the big winners. They gave up Seth Curry for James Harden. Ben Simmons wasn't playing for them, so who cares that he is gone? And if the Sixers and Nets face off in the playoffs, you can have James Harden guard Ben Simmons since he doesn't have to worry about him shooting, and Harden is a good defender in the post, which is Simmons' biggest advantage in the half court. Curry is a great shooter, but the Sixers will still have 5 guys on the floor pretty much all the time that can shoot the 3 ball (Thybulle kind of being the exception).

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Morey gonna retire in 2023 before the Philadelphians find out where he lives to burn it to the ground

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

She's getting tips.

10. i3artow i3aller

#170 i3artow i3aller, Feb 10, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2022
    HP3 likes this.
  11. lionaire

lionaire Member

you know you can go to jail for this right?

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

13. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

It's obvious now Hardens lack of effort and defense the past week+ was due to him being unhappy, frustrated and not committed.

But frankly I'm still surprised Harden wanted to leave a KD led team that badly. They had a great chance to win the title despite the adversity they are currently going through.

Morey really did it again. I thought Morey was making a mistake earlier in the season not getting Embiid some help. Apparently he knew what he was doing. Chess > checkers.

Embid with Harden will be a dangerous combo. Not sure if they are the favorite to win the East however. Bucks, Sixers, Heat and Nets (in order) all have a good shot.

Embid will need to roll more for the first time. He will also need to switch/move more on defense to accommodate Hardens who likes to switch everything and play in the paint corners on defense.

Harden will need to be more active off ball, because Embiid will iso/post up a lot. On defense unless the sixers change their defensive scheme to more switching, he will need to move a lot more especially on the perimeter.

The Nets are a huge question mark. If Simmons is in shape and ready to play, he can be the Draymond role perfectly on this Nets team. But him and Kyrie and their availability, readiness etc are huge question marks.

#173 blahblehblah, Feb 10, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2022
    JumpMan and JayGoogle like this.
  14. i3artow i3aller

BallsackS > Woj > Shams

jiggyfly, HP3 and blahblehblah like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He came to the right place, a place of Brotherly Love.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

ballsack can only afford an Iphone 1. makes sense

HP3 likes this.
  17. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

all star simp

jiggyfly and HP3 like this.
  18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Why does everyone want to compare Simmons to Draymond? Hasn't it been put out there multiple times that he wants to be a PG, not a point forward. Also, Draymond could at least be counted on in the clutch to take a shot and hit it, hell, he could be counted on the entire game to actually take the open shot.

clutchdabear, jiggyfly and YOLO like this.
  19. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

idk how you can say sixers are worse. Doc was literally begging for a point guard in his post game interview

jiggyfly and BigShasta like this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member

76ers' Refusal To Include Matisse Thybulle Led To Two First Round Picks Going To Nets

The Brooklyn Nets acquired two draft picks as part of the trade compensation from the Philadelphia 76ers for James Harden after Matisse Thybulle became a sticking point.

The trade of Harden was built around Ben Simmons, Seth Curry and Andre Drummond.

"At the very end of the negotiations and they really started in earnest this morning," said Adrian Wojnarowski. "Philadelphia lobbed calls a couple of times without a real response. Pretty quick phone calls.

"The conversation changed today getting closer to the trade deadline.

"Ultimately Matisse Thybulle, he was certainly a player the Nets had interest in."

Wojnarowski added that the 76ers keeping Thybulle out of the deal led to the two first round picks going to the Nets.

"The Nets just felt like it was time to break ties with James Harden. They were very confident he was planning on leaving them at the end of the season."