1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

~{ James Harden's Philadelphia 76ers }~

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ThatBoyNick, Feb 10, 2022.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I actually eye next season, I am assuming Harden signs the extension. Both teams had an offseason preparing.

2. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’ve gone through the stages of grief and I’m actually excited to watch James play with Embiid. I couldn’t root for the super team up of him playing with the snake KD in NYC.

jiggyfly, Patience, clos4life and 2 others like this.
  3. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

It's an essential part of Harden's game.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Honestly. . . who the f*ck knew who Bruce Brown was Pre Harden? LOL

Seriously. . . it is wild

Rocket River

ksny15, Patience, Reeko and 1 other person like this.
  5. DreamR

DreamR Member

They say that if the person you are with is cheating on their partner to be with you then they will eventually also cheat on you to be with someone else.

Harden made plans with Durant to go to the Nets while still with the Rockets. Cheated on the Rockets.

Then he checked out this season wanting to be traded to the Sixers. Cheated on Durant and the Nets.

If I were Embiid and Morey I wouldn't get too comfortable just yet.

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

Decent analogy, but doesn't quite hit the mark. It's less "cheating on" and more "extremely messy divorce."

Harden didn't up and leave the Rockets with absolutely nothing, nor did he do the same thing with the Nets. Now, did what the Rockets or Nets get back on a Harden trade, equate to the value of Harden? Remains to be seen, but most likely, no.

What Harden did was essentially go on job interviews and then landing a new job, all while you're still working at your current job. All Harden did wrong was basically give them one-week's notice instead of the customary two.

jiggyfly and clos4life like this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Lowe: Theory Around NBA James Harden Could Take Less Money For 76ers To Sign Third Max

James Harden intended to file the paperwork to opt-in to his contract for the 22-23 season as part of his trade from the Brooklyn Nets to the Philadelphia 76ers. Harden didn't file the paperwork in time to meet the deadline, but he said he intends to opt-in later this year. But some in league circles are speculating that Harden could decline his option and take less money in order to give the 76ers the opportunity to acquire a third max player.

"So here's my second conspiracy theory," said Zach Lowe on his podcast. "This one, James Harden himself just debunked, if you care about what is said at press conferences. So James Harden, it was reported I think by The Athletic, that James Harden opted in as part of his trade to Philadelphia. Then it was reported hours later that he in fact had not opted in. Then it was reported days later that the reason he had not opted in was that he just missed the deadline to file the paperwork with the NBA league office. The fax got stuck in the machine. Or the signature couldn't be found or something.

"Here's the conspiracy. This is the one going around the league that James Harden, to be clear, just debunked. He's going to decline his option, re-sign for less money, so that Philadelphia can dump Tobias Harris into somebody's cap space and open up if they dump some other people an almost, almost, almost max slot for a third star. That's the one that's going around the league. And people who say that are like, 'If that happens, some eyebrows at the league office might be raised.'

"Again, James Harden says it's his intent to pick up the player option. I believe him. Maybe it was just a paperwork snafu. We've all had paperwork snafus. You send something to the wrong address, it gets sent back to you. You type in something wrong on the auto form, you have to fill it out again. It happens. Maybe it's just a conspiracy theory."

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Why would that raise eyebrows at the league office? Ok, he signs for less, it has happened often. Harden and Morey have been colluding with unknown player or players? Is that the angle? The NBA still trying to pretend like they care about tampering or something?

jiggyfly likes this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

that place is like the local library on a Friday night

jerryclark likes this.
  10. Juxtaposed Jolt

He's also a member of the 76ers, now. Whether Harden signs for the vet min over 5 years or 100 bajillion gazillion dollars over 5 years or anything in between, is never going to be collusion from this point on.

Media trying to hard to go at Harden from another angle smh, talking about collusion or whatever tf.

jiggyfly, clos4life and Reeko like this.
  11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Why should that raise eyebrows at the league office? Him signing for less money in order to make room for other players is not against any rules.

12. riko

riko Member

Tim Duncan did it regularly. Dirk did the same.

clos4life likes this.
  13. Salvy

Salvy Member

14. i3artow i3aller

15. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

I think Harden is gonna miss playing with guy(s) that have an automatic jumper, maybe the 76ers have some of those guys? The pandemic has brought an extra level of anxiety that affects all aspects and it's wrong to blame anything or anyone. Let's just do the best we can

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

Harden: sitting with his new teammates as a 76er.

76ers down by 27 at halftime to the Celtics.

Harden:

[​IMG]

17. i3artow i3aller

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

LOL

Rocket River

Patience likes this.
  19. conquistador#11

20. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

That outfit is AWFUL!!!!!