1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

~{ James Harden's Philadelphia 76ers }~

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ThatBoyNick, Feb 10, 2022.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Durrant is the epitome of a ball stopper and had issues with Kerr about not letting the offense flow and harden is the guy who game changed the most in Brooklyn but somehow harden was stopping the offense from having more movement?

Have you ever seen Durrant and Kyrie play?

This is why I know all of this is BS, the only reason other guys got touches and shots in that offense was because of Harden he made Bruce Brown into a semblance of an offensive threat these 2 years.

What did Harden do to be a dumbass?

playing the most games since he has been there with Durrant and Kyrie?

Rocket River likes this.
  2. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

I'm sold. Get me a Harden Jersey.

3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, that's been shared here multiple times already.

BossHogg713 likes this.
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

You didn’t want to play in Houston, able to leave. Didn’t want to play in Brooklyn, able to leave. What does that say about you and the power NBA players wield?

For me, the relationship I had in Houston was basically mutual but everything was on me. Same in the last situation. For the most part, we can control our own destiny. Not saying that’s a good thing or bad thing. In my situation, for whatever reason, it was mutual. New with Josh but knowing Daryl, Tad & Doc, the relationship made sense. I needed to be around guys that want to win and willing to do whatever it takes to win. Structure here is unbelievable.

Nook likes this.
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

BUT BUT Harden was the reason they did not have free flowing offense.

ksny15 likes this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

[​IMG]

jiggyfly and lionaire like this.
  9. i3artow i3aller

10. Nook

Nook Member

I agree, it is Kyrie's choice.... just like it was Harden's choice to decide he didn't want anything to do with it.

Harden can be a dumbass, but not having a player all season long because he doesn't want to be vaccinated is going to cause problems with a lot of people.

The problem with the offense stems from the fact that Harden was coming off an injury and Kyrie did not play all season. The Nets can want a free flowing offense (which I somewhat doubt) but they were never at near full strength. They had a very good offense, with very good buy in from Harden last season when everyone was healthy.

The problem for Harden is when he concludes that what they are doing isn't going to work. Had Kyrie and Durant been healthy all season, he would likely still be on the Nets.

ksny15, jiggyfly, Deuce and 2 others like this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah. I posted about it last year after MDA left. Rivers and Lue were the coaches that the Rockets franchise guys and Morey wanted. Rivers wasn't especially interested in living in Houston though.

BossHogg713 likes this.
  12. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Rivers lived in San Antonio, he can live anywhere.

Overrated coach.

francis 4 prez likes this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

He is overrated, but he wanted to be in California or the East Coast. Once he had an option there, he was very interested.

BossHogg713 likes this.
  14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

every franchise trying to use the rocket as scapegoat for everything, lol

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So this lie that Harden was traded to the team of his choice was BS all along, and it's no wonder he did not reup.

16. Asian Sensation

Sauces?

17. Asian Sensation

How was it a lie? Everyone sees past Harden’s BS including @Clutch. Harden acting like he didn’t want Brooklyn as his top choice? Are you serious with that? It all went down like a year ago. Not everyone forgets.

https://syndication.bleacherreport....harden-forced-his-way-out-of-houston.amp.html

“In November, the thought of joining Brooklyn grew more intriguing for Harden. He started training with Kevin Durant at the Mamba Academy, developing a relationship with the team.”

“By Nov. 11, Harden indicated to Russell Westbrook he wanted to be traded to Brooklyn. As a result, Westbrook asked out. Not because of Harden's partying tendencies or the Rockets' culture issues, but simply because he knew Harden wanted out, according to multiple sources close to the Rockets.”

Harden spent significant time in L.A. with Durant in mid-November and became fully committed to the idea of playing with the Nets. The two met to reaffirm their desire to play with one another and started laying the foundation for a trade, sources say.

“As Harden delayed his arrival to training camp in December, the Heat became the front-runner for him. Harden's main preference was—and always was—the Nets

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

It was his BS then because he's the one who told people he wanted the Nets and confirmed it after the trade.

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

There was a an article on this site in the last week that said Morey wanted Rivers to interview for the Rockets job, and Rivers at one point agreed to the interview but didn't intend to take the Rockets job..... after MDA left because of ownership, I posted about Rivers as a candidate, but that he was more interested in being the coach elsewhere... I also discussed Lue and Rivers being the top candidates for the Rockets top players.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

People believe their lies when they are morphing their lies into believable statements for their brain.

He could spin the same shet for the Lakers, for every other team, just invent something.....pulling a rabbit out of his hat.

In retrospect, Harden was pretty introverted, he wasn't the one giving many interviews.

You could see from the Philly presser that he isn't really articulate.

He was just spending his time trying to grow his brand and leave one day.