1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

~{ James Harden's Philadelphia 76ers }~

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ThatBoyNick, Feb 10, 2022.

1. Asian Sensation

Harden win a ring yet or nah?

RKREBORN and Jontro like this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its coming....this is the year bro...

BigShasta and Invisible Fan like this.
  3. wekko368

wekko368 Member

If you know what it means, then you also know that I didn't say anything incorrect, unlike you.

You were wrong about the nature of payroll versus repeater tax, and you were wrong in your claim that Kawhi played every game in our series.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

“His max next year would be $46.5M if he becomes a free agent.”

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I can't believe Harden is only playing for 33 million next year.

6. Slyonebluejay

Slyonebluejay Member
    Supporting Member

He may have to apply for government assistance

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

8. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Lol what??? I never said he played every game. I clearly stated that he only missed 1 game cuz he got injured at the end of game 5. And he missed almost the entire Warriors series next round cuz Zaza was a dirty player. But keep back tracking and digging yourself into a bigger hole my friend.

I'm still not wrong about the repeater tax. It's the total cost of the team is the payroll the owner pays. No one else would ever pay it. It's an insane amount of money. The warriors better win 3 more rings at that price. It's still 3 times larger than anyone else.

9. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

TMEA player all the way through.

10. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Probably a dick ring for Lil Baby

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Harden needs to orchestrate a trade to a California team. They have the highest minimum wage at $15. And Governor Newsom keeps proposing handing out "inflation relief" money.

12. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Harden really did the 76ers a favor opting out of the 47million and signing for only 2/68. This allowed them to sign Tucker and House.

The move is very reminiscent of CP3 opting out of his 44Million dollar option in 2021 and signing for 4/120 with only 75 million of that guaranteed,

Harden's deal is much better than CP3 because if he has a bounce back year he could sign for a much larger (perhaps even his max) contract next year. No team including the 76ers were reported to have offer any substantial long term deal this year.

If Harden doesn't have a bounce back season and instead continues to decline, he would at least have secured another 21 million beyond the 47 million opt in.

Slyonebluejay and Rocket River like this.
  13. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Here you go:

You're wrong about the repeater tax. I gave you an apt illustration with my IRS example. At this point, you're just being willfully ignorant.

14. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

Anyone still around on CF in 10-20 years can say they lived through the Harden Wars of 2021-20??.

15. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I am not sure he is worth 13m, much less 33m.

Pay Cut My A$$.

16. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I dunno, if I were Harden, I’d be pretty mad to give up $10m for just PJ Tucker and Danuel House (with all due respect to PJ). We’ve seen this movie before.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

It's definitely a risk, but it has some benefits beyond tucker and house. Harden's giving up 14 million this year, but getting 35.6 next year.

I don't think any team including the 76ers were offering him anything much beyond this year or any long term contract. The 35.6 million option next year is insurance for injury as well as a bad season and if he has a good/great season he'll obviously opt out to cash in.

Patience likes this.
  18. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

I see PJ as a big get. He really helped that bucks team that win the finals and was arguably a reason they didn’t go back (yes middleton’s injury was the biggest factor) to the finals.

The House signing screams Morey’s pet. That we have all seen before.

Morey’s big gamble is on if Embid is the clutch player Harden won’t ever be.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Murry teams usually grind through the regular season until the wheels come off. If Embiid can avg 30 mins, then they'd probably meet some expectations for playoffs.

As for Harden, I'm not sure if he'd play less mins even if it were an option. Dude is weird and needs to rethink that ****.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It's funny to me for people to think that Harden doesn't warrent over 20 mill a year
    but They also beleive Tyler Herro deserves a Max contract (which he is seeking)
    To me that is true Hatred or something

Rocket River