1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

~{ James Harden's Philadelphia 76ers }~

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ThatBoyNick, Feb 10, 2022.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

It's not clicking for me? Um, hello? Maybe it's not clicking for you that he's most likely going to opt in to his player option, leaving Philly with no options but to run it back with more or less the same roster.

Harden might not be the Harden we all knew, and unless Harden makes the worst financial decision possible and decides to test the waters as a UFA, Philly is stuck with him for at least one more year. Let's say he does the financially smart thing and opts in. Unless you think Philly is just going to punt next season and just waste a year's worth of Embiid's prime just to get rid of Harden and get cap space, it'd be in Morey's best interest to find shooters and put them next to Harden and Embiid.

If Harden opts out, that's a whole different story. But I give that a 0% chance of happening.

HP3 likes this.
  2. roslolian

roslolian Member

They werent ****ed with Ben Simmons lol. In just 4 years of tanking The Process resulted in:

1. Ben Simmons
    2. Embiid
    3. Nerlens Noel
    4. No 1 pick
    5. Jahlil Okafor
    6. Dario Saric
    7. Clear capspace

So the Process in essence resulted in 2 no 1 picks, 2 no 3 picks, 1 no 6 and 1 no 12 pick as well as clearing all tbeir bad contracts to allow max spending in FA. I mean you can't ask for more in just 4 yrs.

What happened is the new GMs Philly replaced Hinkie with ****ed it up, traded up to draft Fultz, lost assets to trade Jimmy B then let him walk for free, traded Okafor for a pittance, now the latest is they traded Simmons for sucky Harden who may leave them in the offseason. Did I mention signing Alford and trading for Tobias Harris? And all the first rounders they traded away making and unmaking all those bad moves? Btw while the Process lasted 4 yrs, Colangelo's tenure also lasted 4 yrs and Brand/Morey era is 2 yrs now. So why do people keep saying The Process didnt work when its other gms who ****ed it up? There's nothing left of the process,thats cuz other gms traded them all away or squandered all of it but somehow the process still gets blamed lol wtf. People keep saying the process doesnt work cuz look at Philly but thats just dumb cuz the reason they suck now is they stopped the process and the "win now" GMs messed it up. Whst were Philly regular season record past 5 seasons? They've consistently been top 4 seed in the East they werent tanking. So why people acting like they still doing the process and it just failed?

It aint bad luck. Its just mismanagement. Simmons had a lot of value prior to last year, Morey should have realized he was a lemon and traded him for a big package before his value tanked in the playoffs. Again, thats not the Process fault. Simmons is a 8 yr vet by now lol you cant blame the Process which selected him he is a 3 time all star and roy still gonna blame the process? Cmon man.

#3022 roslolian, May 15, 2022
    Last edited: May 15, 2022
  3. roslolian

roslolian Member

How did Philly get penalized? Its just owners succumbing to pressure.

If the Process was a crime Sixers would have received some sort of punishment. I like how you invent and distort history smh.

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

He was racist thats a diff situation

5. Asian Sensation

Lol @ still discussing ways to try and win with Harden. You see the thing is WIN and Harden do NOT go together. Delusional fanbois never gonna get it.

The bum is gonna be in his 14th year and 33 years old. He wasn’t good enough in his prime and he sure as hell ain’t good enough now no matter what miracle off season full of changes you think he’s going to have.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  6. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I also think Harden will very likely opt in to that 47m. It's very unlikely he declines the option to become a ufa.

No team has the cap space for his 45 million max (without trades) and only a couple team is projected to have 30+ million in cap space.

That said, I'm guessing Harden will opt in, but not without an agreed upon extension. 47 million for one year is great, but Harden is taking significant financial risk by not securing long term money.

If Harden declines or gets injured, hes going to lose a ton of money on the next contract.

I expect him to opt in with an extension agreement lower than his max. Something like 47m + 4 yr/150 million which would be less than his max of 4/223.

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

Yeah, but if he doesn't opt in and become a UFA, how hot is the market for him, seeing as how the entire world can see he's washed? If I'm Morey, I'd call his bluff.

Harden would be counting on a team desperate for a star attraction (Knicks, maybe) and/or a team that has a lot of cap space. And he doesn't exactly have a winning resume, despite being washed.

If a Steph Curry or LeBron was this level of washed, teams would probably still sign them because they have championship experience. With Harden, you're getting all the baggage and seemingly, none of the payoff.

8. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Agreed that Harden will have very few options to leverage against Morey. Only the spurs, pistons, blazers, pacer and magic are currently projected to have 20-30 million in cap space.

Conversely, the prospect of Harden leaving for nothing or opting in and forcing a trade could also be a nightmare scenario for Morey.

Ultimately the question will be what is the compromise point between those two extremes. Seeing the relationship between the two parties I'm guessing they'll reach a middle ground in money and/or years in the extension.

If Harden signs with klutch sports however...

9. wekko368

wekko368 Member

It's the same situation. Either the owner is all-powerful or he isn't. And they aren't. They need to answer to other owners.

10. RocketsDraftTV

22/10/8 on 58 true shooting is washed? Keep in mind harden put up those numbers with a usage rate hovering around 22-25% all year. He maybe washed but let’s see him with a higher usage rate first

11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

At this point for Harden, it really isn't about the numbers. It's his inability to show up when it matters. That's pretty much everyone's issue with him. He could be at 70% for TS all season and if he doesn't show up when it matters, then no one would care about his numbers.

RocketsDraftTV likes this.
  12. RocketsDraftTV

I agree with you 100%

ElPigto and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Again let me repeat since it’s STILL not clicking. You want them to try to make it work with one of if not the highest paid player who straight up quit on them in an elimination game vs butler + scrubs.

he quit clear as day. They’re not gonna have him get gorilla glue for his man on D, a scooter on the side so he can actually run instead of walk. He’s a detrimental cancer . I forgot about him opting in, which really does screw them. He’s enough of a negative they may prefer to keep him out tank his value and negotiate a buyout. Who knows, my point is that he’s not in any realistic long term plan.

14. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

This is a reasonable take

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

lmao you're being antagonistic yet mentioning that you forgot a very key detail and you just sound like you hate Harden. That's fine and all, but you're going to be stuck with Harden for at least a year, so why not try to make the best of a bad situation and surround the two with shooters?

Regardless of Harden being on the roster after a year or not, you're still going to need people that can score the ball - like a Seth Curry, ironically. Again, Thybulle ain't that dude, Harris is more of a scorer than a shooter (and he also commands a large salary) and Maxey is still developing. You're going to need better basketball players on the team, even if Harden isn't on your roster.

Harden quitting and Morey needing to improve the team by getting better pieces, is not mutually exclusive.

16. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I don’t hate harden, I hate players that get paid millions, screw teams and teammates over. Before this choke/quit job I was rooting for him. His toxic personality is what I can’t stand and am calling out. From a logical, team building/culture standpoint morey is probably thinking the same

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

Who tf are u again? Lol at some random mentioning me

tinman likes this.
  18. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

[​IMG]

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

LOL.

20. Major

Major Member

He's been paired with:

Dwight Howard
    Chris Paul
    Russell Westbrook
    Kevin Durant
    Kyrie Irving
    Joel Embiid

Many of those will be hall of famers. A few have won titles; others might still do so. Every single relationship has ended badly - whether it's him getting tired of them or them getting tired of him. Players leave teams all the time for various reasons - only Harden ever seems to openly alienate and irritate every star he's ever played with.