1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Mavericks vs. Thunder in Game 1 of the West Semis. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

~{ James Harden's Philadelphia 76ers }~

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ThatBoyNick, Feb 10, 2022.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

2. Salvy

Salvy Member

Griffin, Brown v Embiid, Maxey......Toronto v Boston.....

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

OH I THOUGHT THE OPPONENTS STREnght AND THE TEAMMATES DONT COUNT so i joined the party

BigShasta likes this.
  4. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Cope

5. Salvy

Salvy Member

It only doesnt count when cherry picked and skewed to make Harden look good.....

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

my mind froze trying to understand this post....

jerryclark likes this.
  8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Oakley is straight up savage.

Ben Simmons, who the Nets got in return for Harden, seems to be targeting Game 4 to get back on the court after an injury kept him from making his Nets debut. Brooklyn got Simmons, Seth Curry, Andre Drummond and Philly’s 2022 and 2027 first-round picks back for Harden and Paul Millsap at the trade deadline. Harden had been their marquee acquisition just a year prior, but didn’t work out.

“They didn’t need James Harden,” Oakley said. “They didn’t need him. They could have kept their role players last year.”

Jarrett Allen, Taurean Prince, Caris LaVert and Rodions Kurucs were the players the Nets gave up in the trade for Harden. Allen, in particular, has become a key piece for the Cavaliers.

“He messed that whole chemistry up over there,” Oakley said of Harden. “Because once they got him last year, they had to defer to him. And he wasn’t healthy. He wasn’t in shape.”
    He can blame Harden all he wants, but it was the Nets FO who were FOOLS bwahahahaha

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Wait wut?

Didn't Harden play the most of the big 3 last year, and it's somehow Harden's fault?

He was putting up MVP type numbers before the hamstring.

10. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

For context Charles Oakley also said Giannis is a bench player

11. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I hate watching this version of him. It really is depressing to see. He can't get by even an average NBA defender anymore. No lift on his jump shot. No burst and sudden stops. Struggling to get layups. Consistently getting stuffed. It's just sad to see him fall this far. But I guess that speaks to the level he was at which was godly.

clos4life and vince like this.
  12. MettaWorldPete

Yea I don't consider myself a Harden fan or a Harden hater, but it'd be nice to see him have just one good shooting game this playoffs.

13. Salvy

Salvy Member

Well he could have hmm not left.....

my time to shine likes this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Nice try troll.

15. vince

vince Member

Harden played like a champion in Houston. But the zebras singled out the Rockets for their own reasons.

Morey exposed the sheer bias by the NBA and it’s officials.

From then on, I now see the NBA as a watered down version of WWE sports entertainment and drama edited for TV.

B-Bob, Sanctity, clos4life and 5 others like this.
  16. ExTexanNowEastCoast

Don’t try to make sense of the Harden hate among the media and many fans, including so called basketball experts on this site.

Harden leads the league in scoring and takes a Rockets team whose next best player was Terrance Jones and Josh Smith to the WCF against the Warriors = loser.

Jokic fighting not to lose in the first round for the second straight season = MVP

BTW - except for 2015, no Harden lead team has finished lower than the 4th seed. I don’t count 2013 because it was his first year as a starter in the NBA and he had to share the ball with Linn and Parsons.

Sixers about to beat a good Raptors team = who cares, I would still rather have Ben Simmons, who has not played in a game in over a year and seems to look for any excuse not to play. But hey, let’s trade Harden and keep Kyrie, who basically went on TV after game 3 and admitted that him sitting out destroyed team chemistry. So the Nets season and probably likelihood of ever winning a title is done in because Kyrie wants to prove a point. But hey, KD needs someone to hang out with while sitting on the bench sending out mean tweets, so someone needs to sacrifice. Sadly for Steve Nash, it will be his coaching career.

The only positive of this mess is that the Nets can also fire Sean Marks for impersonating Billy King. Anyone trust this guy to make good draft picks? He manages as well as he played.

clos4life and jiggyfly like this.
  17. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Is it Harden "hate" to point out that the next best players after Harden were Dwight and Ariza, not Jones/Smith?

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

[​IMG]

B-Bob and clos4life like this.
  19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Agreed,
    Watching the Refs give Golden State home court advantage everywhere is tiring

Rocket River

vince, hakeem94, B-Bob and 1 other person like this.
  20. Salvy

Salvy Member

Not everything you disagree with is a troll... Harden and Brooklyn would have all benefitted from playing together.

hakeem94 and RKREBORN like this.