1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

~{ James Harden's Philadelphia 76ers }~

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ThatBoyNick, Feb 10, 2022.

1. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

How old are you? This line of thinking was pretty common 20-30 years ago

jiggyfly likes this.
  2. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Letting Harden walk next season would give the Sixers about 32 million in cap space, but its highly unlikely that Harden will not opt in to that 47 million dollar option.

Harden gains around 70 million dollar opting in + max extending/signing new 5 year contract versus signing a new 4 year contract with another team.

Agree that getting Harden was Morey's best and career defining/making move. Trading for Harden and possibly max extending him is still TBD. It can very well be his worst move ever. Ultimately it will largely depend on their performance in the postseason.

I don't think Harden will age all that well, but I wouldn't rule him and the Sixers out the next two postseason either.

B-Bob and Asian Sensation like this.
  3. icewill36

icewill36 Member

There is no debate. You dont even know or understand the game if in your mind any of three should have been enough for a championship when the winners have three or four stars, not two.

Wulaw Horn and HP3 like this.
  4. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

Man I don’t know what happened to him in the last couple of seasons but the Rockets dodged a major bullet when Harden decided to leave. He really did us a favor, with him wanting out now with two teams in a row and his significant decline. Harden is Philly’s problem now, and will they end up paying him this off season?

B-Bob, RKREBORN, hakeem94 and 3 others like this.
  5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Considering Philly is losing when Harden has his bad games it shows how overrated playmaking is. I mean yes it is impt, but it cant be the only thing you are doing. Harden has high offensive rating, but part of that is playing with Embiid who is one of the best players in the L. I didnt bother to check everyone else but Embiid had better net rating last year vs this year so Im not seeing thst big jump. Using the pre post Harden trade nos isnt good cuz they had a max contract Ben Simmons not playing, it was effectively losing Sth Curry and Drummond (who hardly played) vs Harden. Seth Curry is a good player but you'd hope any max player gonna be better than him in terms of overall impact lol.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. roslolian

roslolian Member

I dunno I consider the Cp3 trade his worst over. If you look at the total amount of assets getting and then shipping Cp3 out 2 yrs laters its just ridiculous. Cp3 happened for a crap ton of asseta when they can just sign him in the offseason and then while Morey didnt want to trade for WB he obv was on his way out and didnt even bother haggling with Presti.

7. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Even if we weren't good enough to win the title, that doesn't mean it's ok to get eliminated by inferior teams. There is no debate.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

9. HP3

HP3 Member

Retire if you dont want to play ball anymore dude, this is embarrassing.

ksny15 likes this.
  10. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Retire... 200 million dollar contract from my sugar daddy...

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

Morey just doesnt have to max him. He can get rid of Tobias.

JumpMan likes this.
  12. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

It looks like it's more of not enough repetitions during the off-season than anything, because he was rehabbing mostly. I know a lot of people are hoping that he's "washed" but I don't really see it. Missing shots he normally used to make for the most part, probably trying not to re-injure himself because it would cost him 10s of millions, and helping Joel stuff the stat sheet for his MVP case. This end of the season schedule has been crammed full of games too.

HP3 likes this.
  13. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Well hopefully he has a CP3 hammy like resurgence after his down year.

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

They’re two completely different players. Chris has always relied on making smart, crafty plays. James was a generation player until he let the step back 3 crowd (many on here too) delude him into thinking he should iso every play and bait for FTs

cheke64 likes this.
  15. jayfree

jayfree Member

Morey- "Live by the Harden and die by the Harden" or "The Harden they come, the Harden they fall"

Jturbofuel likes this.
  16. jayfree

jayfree Member

Nets winning big right now means if the 76ers beat the Pistons (likely) and Celtics lose to the Grizz (probable) then that could set up a 2nd round match up of the two teams. Otherwise, it wouldn't be until the conference finals. I would be very interested to watch that series when and if it happens.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. Juxtaposed Jolt

I know it's a game where neither side particularly cares if they win or lose, but it actually looks like Philly has a serviceable bench, for the first time since trading for Harden.

18. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Shake milton has played a lot better recently, niang is a good shooter, but the key is this reed kid. Philly struggles when embiid sits because DJ has been so bad. It looks like Reed is getting the backup minutes now. If he can give them something it makes a huge difference. He is far and away a better finisher than DJ. Djs shooting percent are straight embarrassing for a guy who only catches lobs and tries to tip in misses.

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

[​IMG]

But for real, I don't think Doc is going to go away from DJ in the playoffs, despite conventional wisdom. Doc likes his guys, and DJ is his guy.

20. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

I'd still favor Philly in that series, but there's a part of me that wants to see Ben Simmons deliver the ultimate "**** You" to the city of Philiadelphia by winning the series without playing a single minute, then getting the $20 million back from the Sixers.

jayfree likes this.