1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

~{ James Harden's Philadelphia 76ers }~

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ThatBoyNick, Feb 10, 2022.

1. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Not against dwight, when he guarded him LA was completely hopeless. Terrance jones? Ya he ate him alive

2. HardenVolumeOne

If curry was competing with harden and not lebron curry would have won it over harden again. That year was all about not giving it to lebron, in that case harden was the lesser of two evils

3. MettaWorldPete

Lost in the sauce of everybody fighting about Dwight vs. Harden is that McHale royally ****ed up that series letting LA get into a rhythm vs. T Jones.

Milos likes this.
  4. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Can you explain how Jokic could've possibly won the MVP over Embiid last year?

5. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

If that's the case, coaching was another HUGE issue in the series.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Piece of cake. Embiid is much darker than Jokic. Don't you have eyes?

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

That wasn't my memory. Dwight guarded him after Game 2 more often, Dwight did a much better job, however I would not describe him as "useless" against Dwight. Maybe it was because he was already in a rhythm thanks to T-Jones, but I remember Dwight also being unable to get big stops on Aldridge when we needed it.

8. i3artow i3aller

9. ksny15

ksny15 Member

He's definitely on the decline now. This is tough to watch.

10. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

So, Ballsack sports is legit fake news?

11. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

nobody ever accused mchale of being a coaching savant.....

12. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

You could be right, it's been a while. I just remember Jones getting scored on basically every single time and dwight mostly locking him up. If dwight guarded him the entire series LA wouldn't have been able to put up anything impressive IMO.

13. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

I honestly think he needs the off season to recover.

This has to be a serious wakeup call though if he ever wants to be elite again. Like he has to do the chris paul diet or lebron regimen

14. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

I was team dwight when he was here but I just remember praying every night for him to have a respectable game

clos4life and hakeem94 like this.
  15. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I just don't know man. I think that leg injury was his undoing. He definitely doesn't have the same off-season programs he did back when we were an elite team. I felt like he was significantly more dedicated. Especially after 2016. I hope this is a wakeup call because it's painful to watch. Comparing him to last year pre injury it's like he's been space jammed.

16. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

yea its not impossible but its also not a guarantee. However weve seen players come back from bad injuries recently. He is still way better than chris paul in 2019. Durant took a year off for his achilles and came back a superstar

This off season is really going to be a test to see how dedicated he actually still is. If he comes back again looking like hes wearing 3 t shirts than thats it lol

17. i3artow i3aller

18. icewill36

icewill36 Member

why are people in here arguing about dwight howard ? i hope its not pretend like the rockets should have won a championship because he played here. he was no longer a superstar, and this was right around the time the 3pt revolution was about to takeover the NBA. his numbers declined every year after we got him and he was useless against GS so it doesn't matter anyway. the rockets never put enough talent around james to win it. even in 2018 the warriors were still much more talented the rockets had a chance because they were hungrier.

HP3 and Milos like this.
  19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

That’s ****ing Pathetic if true. This is what happens when you limitless talent but a mental midget mindset. You force a trade, don’t play, get fat and party and look washed just 2!yrs out from dominating the league meanwhile cp3 is still beasting.

One is a coincidence, but just about every star playing with harden has beef with this ish

Milos likes this.
  20. i3artow i3aller

my time to shine likes this.