1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's New Signature Shoe

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by el gnomo, Aug 24, 2016.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I feel the same way. I know they're different but they look like his player edition crazy light boost ones from last year. I don't understand sneaker heads. They're kinda like iPhone fans; "whoah man, they switched the charger plug in port from the top to the bottom. It's revolutionary!"

Lulz

RasaqBoi likes this.
  2. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

Reminds me of these
    [​IMG]

DonKnock likes this.
  3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I like it. It seems perfect for a Euro step dude. Is it just me, or does it look like he's ready to cut left in that right foot shoe.

[​IMG]

Is this the first shoe to have the laces asymmetrical like that, where the starting point of one side is much further down the shoe than the other -- in this case, the inner-step (left above) starts further down. Maybe it is visually symbolic of a Euro step.

I could definitely hear a salesman say, "And in this shoe, you can really cut hard. Do you do the Euro-Step, son? Well, see how the laces match the contour of your toes. That way you won't develop callouses on your last toe as you make your hard Euro Steps.

#123 heypartner, Oct 23, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
    DonKnock likes this.
  4. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Hahaha you're probably right, but if I had a shoe deal for a fraction of what Harden is getting paid I'd wear whatever they wanted me to, and wouldn't give a ****. I wonder how far Nike was away though (as far as contract comparison), I know they tried to lowball Durant at first and almost lost to underarmor... UA bball shoes from what I've seen don't look great. I do like Adidas sometimes and of course Nikes, but I'm not sure on the toe box either on these. But regardless, at least they look better than leaked pre-production model

5. i3artow i3aller

Really diggin' the overall silhouette of the shoe as well as the independent genuine leather toecap. Just wish the full length boost wasn't so heavily encased in that rubbery tpu. Can't wait to see the primeknit versions.

6. craguin

craguin Member

[Johnathan Feigen - chron.com - October 22, 2016] Rockets' James Harden unveils Harden Vol. 1 adidas shoes and apparel line
    (excerpt from above article)
    The shoes are personal for more than their style. As much as Saturday's event focused on design, the shoes are to be worn in games. In that regard, they are more personal for function, than style, with every movement measured to understand where Harden puts most pressure on his shoes.

"We got him in the lab," Foresta said. "We knew he had great stopping ability. You see defenders fall away from him. We tested him and he was in the 98th percentile of how quick he can stop. How do we enhance that? If he's in the game, we try to take his natural abilities and tailor the shoe to them.

"When you watch him play and all those highlights, he's super deceptive in his change of speed. He sets himself up and there is an explosion. We use a software ... from the aviation industry where they measure stress and strain on the wings. They are like polka dots. So when he does a shuffle or a jab step, the camera measures the space between each dot so you know exactly where he's putting pressure on the shoe and where he's not. The software generates a rendering. That's how we decide where to build more support in the shoe and where to detail the shoe."
    ----------

DonKnock likes this.
  7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I like it but hate the logo

8. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I wish he would've stuck to the all star shoes he wore where the 3 stripes were under the mesh towards the toe. Those were dope

These look like Payless shoes

9. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Will be purchasing. As I actually like to, ya know, play in the bball shoes I buy:D

10. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

I like the cargo ones. With the toe box split like that, I feel like the colors need to be similar for me to like it. also looking forward to the primeknit ones

RasaqBoi likes this.
  11. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Those black and charcoal son!!!!!

12. touring_low

touring_low Member

He was rocking the "pioneer" ones at open practice today.

13. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

The dark olive joints are ~okay~
    I'll get a pair just to support our MVA1

[​IMG]

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  14. delta69er

delta69er Member

Kinda reminds me of the old T-Macs and Starbury's

15. TexxasBoy

TexxasBoy Member

They look like athletic church shoes. Why is the shoe so damn sharp at the toe? Who wants these pointy ass shoes bruh? BRUH? WTF Adidas? Im a James Harden fan so Im trying to convince myself, like everybody else on this board, to like these roach stomping ass shoes.

16. MghtyPtrck

MghtyPtrck Member

These look better in person on the feet.

Will cop!

17. Fantasma Negro

From game 1 in L.A.

DonKnock and donkeypunch like this.
  18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Straight outta Bompton.

Is he set trippin with blue jeans on?

19. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

4 games in.... Hardens new shoes = injured ankle.

20. touring_low

touring_low Member

Oh because he didn't roll his ankle when he had on Nike's huh? *rolls eyes*