1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's new girlfriend

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by drowsy12, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

I hope this doesn't affect James mentally. Not that he was close with Odom but seeing his GF Khloe crying all over him.

2. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

I dont give a damn about the Kardashian part of this story. All I hope for is for Lamar to make it out of this. He seems like a good person with a good heart. This sucks.

3. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

The same people who think Hip-Hop isn't music.

4. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

It can't be worse than lil b.

5. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Nice try but when most young people know more about the Kardashians than they do about their elected officials (that they didn't bother to vote for or against) that's a real problem. When people know more about which celebrity had what body part enlarged than they do about the real issues that affect them, that's scary.

I know you get off on playing the too cool idiot online but you're overreaching and you won't ever get a clue if you keep pretending you're nineteen when you're pushing thirty.

6. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

If you're gonna blame anyone for the mass consumerism that now defines America, blame corporations, blame capitalism. The Kardashians get my respect for taking advantage of it. Who do you think pays these people?

Corporations don't want us to pay attention to the issues because people will start figuring out that they're buying elections these days and write laws to benefit them. Instead they shove distractions in our face -- the kardashians, sports, drama.

The Kardashians aren't any different from sports, it's just a different demographic, just because you aren't in it, doesn't mean its not legitimate.

7. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

I'm fairly sure you know more about your sports teams than you do about what's going on in politics. It's no different, stop being a hypocrite.

8. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Also to piggyback on the politics thing, I'm a politics junkie, and I watch the Kardashians. Do you see what the media companies have done to the news in the last decade? Especially cable news? Is Fox/MSNBC/CNN news or entertainment??

Do you know how hard it is to actually find real, factual information anymore? Everyone has an opinion, usually paid for by some corporation.

Again, blame the companies for what you perceive as the moral decline of America. In other words, don't shoot the messenger.

9. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

lock thread

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

nope, no and no. nope again. NO

you can compare wasting time on sports as something comparable to that worthless family.

you can compare crap cable news to that worthless family.

but nope.

they are bad people. and the typical person that "keeps up" with them is a superficial person. that most likely does not read much, does not travel much, less chance to have a college degree, etc. etc. etc.

you can argue and twist words all you want. but what i said is true.

11. ab0_bleedred

ab0_bleedred Member

We're better than this. None of us know more than maybe 20% of the story. Just pray for Lamar and leave it at that.

12. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

Burn.

13. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

It's actually the opposite, from the latimes, albeit from 2010.

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/feb/19/entertainment/la-et-kardashian19-2010feb19

"Cameras recorded every tear and shriek and the audience spiked. "Keeping Up With the Kardashians" has averaged 3.7 million viewers this year, double last season's total, and was especially successful in the young, female and free-spending demographic coveted by advertisers. According to Nielsen, Kardashian viewers tend to be single, college-educated women with no children, white-collar jobs and annual salaries of more than $60,000."

It's quite funny that your bias is so strong yet so wrong. You can do the google search yourself, there is plenty of data out there on the Kardashian's demographic.

The typical Kardashian viewer is an 18-39 year old, single, college educated female, in other words your typical aspirational yuppie.

The irony is what you just described is probably closer to what a typical sports fan is than a typical Kardashian fan!

Hey man, at the end of the day, you don't have to like them, but you have to respect the hustle. And respect the fact there's plenty of people out there that think sports is as stupid as the kardashians (I think they both have their merits.)

You keep saying they are worthless, but the kardashian brand is probably worth at around 1 billion dollars. The app itself was recently valued at 200million. The opposite of worthless.

I'm rooting for Harden to keep this relationship up because he seems to enjoy being on the A-list and doesn't have a problem being in the limelight. He's already benefited. I bet you part of that Adidas 200 million was due to the Kardashian effect. More 18-39 year old single females now know who James Harden is (yes there were plenty of people who had no idea who he was). So Kudos, enjoy your time James Harden. Khloe Kardashian sure is better than an endless stream of strippers and prostitutes.

1 person likes this.
  14. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

He's right you know.

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

yeah i know how much her app is worth. people play sports as a way for entertainment while they are getting exercise.

i'm not going to sit here and waste time debating why that family is sleazy and rotten. but you go ahead and spend your life following those people.

16. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

Im pretty sure he meant it as people watching sports rather than playing.

17. 25CookemHarden

I think the show is stupid and do not follow them, but I my friend a 31 year old dermatologist and my sister-in-law at 27 year old lawyer both watched them or have watched them in the past.

They both make a decent living. Neither are married.. as of yet.

I don't watch or keep up with them and have no idea how they are rich or popular. I can care less. But I agree with a lot of people here they are a well known family and this is a good publicity move for Harden. He will be popular just dating.

I think its bad for rockets long term.

I think its good for hardens image long term.

I prefer he not date her and be like the spurs.. boring and fly under the radar.

As for sleezy and rotten. I do not follow them to know if they are or not. I'd rather watch the republican and democratic debate and daily show.

18. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

I agree there, that it's a waste of time arguing this. But let me point out a couple of things.

One hour a week watching hedonism at it's commercial height is hardly spending my life. If anything, it helps me understand the people around me more (you know that 18-39 year old single college educated female.)

Most people who watch sports do not play sports.

Go Harden!

Also this is pretty interesting, google trends. Look at the year over year news articles for Harden.

https://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=james harden

19. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

The Kardashian show needs to have age restrictions placed on it like beer and cigarettes to protect the developing brains of our children and teenagers.

20. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

I for one wouldn't allow my young daughter to watch the show. It enforces the narrative that in order to he successful as a woman it's more important to be pretty than smart. We're all guilty of this to some degree unfortunately.

Because I mean I'll definitely click the article with the hot woman plastered on the screen than an article about someone's intellectual prowess.

Or watch the news broadcast with megyn Kelly or katy tur before Oprah.

At the end of the day though, you're responsible for the media they consume and how they consume it. IPad parenting led us to the point.