1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's conditioning

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets018, Aug 2, 2013.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He's improved every year...what are you talking about?

2. Nook

Nook Member

Huh? Have you heard of Harden skipping practice? How many games has Harden missed? How many games has he begged out of early?

The guy is built like a bull and was in the top 5 in minutes. The guy literally left it all on the court. He was completely worn down by the end of the season and even played hurt.

He was noticeably upset when the Rockets lost.

3. Nook

Nook Member

Beard's body is perfect for his style of play.

4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Where does this idiocy come from... Post would have been dumb by itself, but to make an entirely new thread out of it? o_O

5. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

Lin fan boys. Just starting a new thread and denigrating a great player is not going to make Lin look any better or worse.

6. deadlybulb

deadlybulb Contributing Member

7. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Dont understand the thread. James Harden played 1000 more minutes than his time off the bench in OKC allowed, he clearly couldn't have done that and remained as efficient without superb conditioning.

8. Title99

Title99 Contributing Member

I have no idea about his work ethic.

I would agree that he does appear slightly pudgy. I worry that he could possibly have weight issues as he ages.

9. conquistador#11

i wish harden had abs like these,
    [​IMG]

someone should get harden the six minute abs workout like durant!

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

11. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Posting in thread before it is changed to "Best Baller Bods" and moved to the Hangout.

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I've never personally witnessed Harden working out - so he must not work out.

13. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Whats with the nonsense that he is pudgy? The guys arms look great. He has a fathead and the beard doesn't help. He is not pudgy. He played hurt in the playoffs and the end of the reg. season...already like years ahead of She-Mac.

Defense, defense, defense, defense, needs lots, lots, lots, lots of work or maybe Dwight will take care of that.

see image...muscle definition is fine.
    [​IMG]

14. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Where do these completely baseless comments come from?

Harden has never remotely demonstrated anything to give off that kind of vibe, other than improve literally every single season.

Close this thread.

1 person likes this.
  15. Merovingian

Merovingian Member

He is bloated, not pudgy. He relies on his exceptional skills and finesse more than athleticism.

1 person likes this.
  16. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

NOW... we're doctors

17. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

You need to be a doctor to tell if someone's pelvis is tilted to the front or back?

18. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I've never thought he was pudgy. I do think he has unusually wide hips for a man, lol... but I don't think there's much he could do to alter that.

19. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

He's just hoping everyone else will help him get in shape so he can give others credit.

20. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

I know this isn't evidence of lifting or running or any type of conditioning routine, but when I went to the game at Dallas earlier this year (the one where T-Rob had the two 4th quarter blocks), Harden and Lin were on the floor shooting well over an hour before game time.

No one else was on the floor. Just those two. Later, Delfino came out at the opposite end and shot briefly, but Harden and Lin remained.

I realize this is "just shooting", but it's still "work" and is leading by example.

I'm confident that Harden, who said on the initial plane ride to Houston from OKC something to the effect of "We're about to change things" or "start something" here (can't recall exactly).

But just this, along with being around Durant and Westbrook as well as Team USA, there's no doubt in my mind Harden has a very good work ethic.