1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerryclark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

My thought exactly. Once they let him play why did they pull him out? He would have infected both teams already.

Rocket River likes this.
  2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

What a bih...

Jontro and Ramo$e like this.
  3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yes they did. I'm sure of it. Notice how now nobody is trippin on Kyrie at all and the media was just about to start talking about how great Harden is fitting in and how great of an addition he's been... then they lose to the Raptors.

sushimaster and Ramo$e like this.
  4. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

I have never wanted a team to fail so badly since the 90's Jazz

cheke64, hakeem94, BigShasta and 2 others like this.
  5. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Whiny ass prima donna. Start at 30 second mark

6. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

You don't have to "want" they are doing that pretty easily. We were more contenders in 17-18 season than them currently just with CP3's defense alone. CP3 don't dribble the hell out the ball like Kyrie but he plays defense. What is making them contenders is KD. That's it! If it was just Kyrie and Harden they would be worse than we were with CP3. He left a situation he made uncomfortable for himself for a situation that's no better and possibly worse if KD doesn't stay healthy.(most likely he would stay healthy) but he got a taste of that last night and didn't look happy about it lol. PJ Tucker is the only player I see taking a pay cut to help Harden, not too many want to play with these guys. The Nets looked better when they had a bench.

cheke64, BigShasta and RKREBORN like this.
  7. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

This is the best and most accurate analytics on James Harden ever.

blahblehblah likes this.
  8. gogispade

gogispade Member

Today we'll see Harden playing with whole lotta of talent. Lets see how it plays out with out the other two.

9. HardenVolumeOne

so are kyrie and durant both confirmed out for tonights game

10. HardenVolumeOne

nobody in the media even touched it, harden is now protected by the media unlike when he was in houston

Ramo$e likes this.
  11. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

It's a false narrative about his defense. He actually had better defensive stats than Simmons last season. He's always up there with steals, deflections, post defense.... and I think he's up there with contested shots.

Harden isn't the best perimeter defender, but he's a pretty solid one now. He's definitely one of the best post defenders in the league.

HP3 likes this.
  12. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

He won't be playing a whole lot of talent tonight. KD and Kyrie are out. Harris and Green are decent, but they don't do much besides spot-up. Jordan is pretty bad, but he's their main big man at the moment. The rest of the guys are pretty average to terrible.

I'd say their starting lineup tonight will be one of the worst Harden's played with in a long time.

HP3 and MettaWorldPete like this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

“I’ve been watching a little bit of the Brooklyn Nets and the Pelicans. James Harden is one of the most fun players to watch. Offensively he scores. When you watch him on defense, he’s the worst defender in the ****ing league. What I love is he knows he stinks so he points at other players on his team where they should be. It’s like ‘James, have you ever watched film of your ****ing defense? Who the **** are you tell anyone where they should be on defense?’ He’s telling other guys where to be while he’s giving his guy a 15 ****ing foot cushion. His defense is you score 35, I’ll score 40. There you go, I’m plus five. Go **** yourself. Great beard though. ... I approve of that God damn beard. I do not approve of his ****ing defense. It’s ****ing hilarious to watch. I’ve never seen a superstar, the last time I’ve seen a superstar that bad at something was Shaq at free throws. He sucked, he knew he sucked and didn’t give a ****.”

:D

blahblehblah, Ramo$e and Os Trigonum like this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I read that in Bill Burr's voice. hilarious

15. HP3

HP3 Member

Bro, you know this how? You dont know. And no they didnt. They are 7-2 with James playing and one of them requires a fluke shooting night by Cleveland. Nets have moves to make at the deadline and they have Claxton who is also coming back from injury. Of course if you take a player out of a super team, they are going to be way worse. This argument doenst make any sense.

16. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

You miss the whole 17'-18 comparison'? Guess that went over your head. They play no D as a team nothing to with just Harden. He has improved slightly it could be a hell of a lot better. They are not looking like a super team.

In case you still don't understand...

CP3 & Harden > Irving & Harden

17'-18' Houston Rockets Team > 2021 Nets

17. Juxtaposed Jolt

Harden-led Nets without Kyrie and KD? It's like the Rockets East but worse.

hakeem94 and Ramo$e like this.
  18. csc177

csc177 Member

Interested to hear the post game to determine if the team around him “was good enough” to win.

clos4life likes this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

Im not talking about the comparison with the 2017-2018 Rockets, that went over your head. The Nets absolutely look better with Harden, that is not debatable. They absolutely do look like a super team. Their defensive rating vs good teams is really good. They just coast vs the bad ones. And again, they still have the trade deadline and the buy out market. Plus they have Claxton coming back from injury. Not the final product. Also, my main point is that you dont know who wants to and doesnt want to come and play for the Nets, you have no knowledge of that.

No I understand.

Yea duh, Cp3 was the better player.

Yea duh, but that doesnt mean they cant get a lot better by the playoffs. They are absolutely second only to the Lakers. You say obvious about points I wasnt even responding too.

#1959 HP3, Feb 6, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
  20. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Oh brother....So you state everything I said in the first post as "duh" why even respond to begin with? Just because you don't like what I said? They do not look better as a TEAM, they have NO BENCH. They do not look like a super team. They look like a team just getting by.