1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerryclark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. wekko368

wekko368 Member

After Kawhi went down, we should've beaten the Spurs, especially since Tony Parker was already out. That was clear cut. Citing the Spurs' regular season record is simply arguing in bad faith since it doesn't account for Leonard/Parker postseason injuries.

The Rockets were favored (-220) to beat the Blazers. We also beat them in 3 out of 4 regular season matchups (2 of those wins had big margins of victory). We were supposed to beat the Blazers in the playoffs.

MrButtocks and bmelo like this.
  2. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I will say this about Kyrie. He has issues on defense and at times is hogging the ball a little much. But you can tell he is trying to buy in. It's not going to happen overnight. Even last night Kyrie was engaged on the defensive end during crunch time. His abilities and size will be a factor but as long as he displays the effort he did during crunch time I won't fault him. All 3 genuinely look happy. Kyrie is saying all the right things too and he's smiling while talking to the media something he has never done in the past.

3. bmelo

bmelo Member

You cant just throw Harden in the same sentence as finals mvp or author of one of the clutchest shots ever in finals history just yet. I know he is great but he choked several times and Its just facts. He choked as a OKC player, he choked in the Spurs series, he choked in GSW after Durant went down and until he proves otherwise thats his legacy. I dont think they can mentaly handle high pressure physical defense of Lakers in 7 game series. And who guards AD?

4. bmelo

bmelo Member

Its never ending story trying to convince Harden stans that he did something wrong. Ginobli block is here forever to stay folks

5. HP3

HP3 Member

What? I didnt even mention Harden but okay lol.

Kawhi chocked last year and Lebron chocked in the finals against Dallas. Durant has actually chocked many times in the playoffs. Kyrie Quit on Boston. Harden has had bad games like any other superstar out there. And no he didnt choke against GSW without Durant, thats literally still a championship core and its one game. They swept the Blazers and likely would have beaten the Raptors had Klay not gotten injured. They all have eachother to lean on. Who guards Harden, KD or Kyrie without doubling? They cant do that to Harden anymore. And they arent done building their team, they have the deadline and buy outs.

jiggyfly likes this.
  6. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Don't do that... You're being far too reasonable.

YOU MUST HATE HARDER.

7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Like clockwork.

dmoneybangbang and KingCheetah like this.
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I AM LAUGHING!

London'sBurning likes this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Can you link to these testimonials from Rivers and Westbrook?

Thanks?

10. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Not sure what you’re asking. If you’re asking me for a link I’m not wasting my time with that. Information is out there. If you’re asking me if there’s a link between the testimonials then yes. They point to hardens lack of leadership.

11. HP3

HP3 Member

Misquote bro, dont worry.

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Who was the coach?

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I am asking for this testimonial from Rivers and Westbrook about Hardens leadership because frankly I doubt it exist especially Westbrook.

You are the one making what I think are false statements so back them up.

How is it wasting your time to prove something you claimed happened?

Air Canada likes this.
  14. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Who cares? It's irrelevant.

15. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I don't think you'll find a direct quote from Westbrook regarding Harden's leadership, but there were reports that he disapproved of the Rockets' culture that Harden built.

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah I know that but that guy said they had testimonials about his leadership?

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

18. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

nah that’s your take. Again it’s all public information. I just reported what I read through the public media just like you unless you are privy to more information. It’s been documented harden is not a leader. I challenge you to find that info. Not up to me to find it for you. Be blessed.

19. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

"It's out there bro. Trust me."

If you make the claim, and continue to reply to others saying it's correct, you should at least back it up. I googled if Russ or Rivers said anything critical of Harden's leadership, or anything at all about him, and nothing came up. There are reports of Westbrook not liking the Rockets culture, which could be related to Harden, but nothing directly from his mouth. If you said McHale criticized Harden's leadership, that's out there.

jiggyfly, Air Canada, rockbox and 2 others like this.
  20. st012m

st012m Member

That's the effect of leaving the Houston market and "suddenly" be adored and aligned to some national media narrative like look at him past or be able to post defend or deflect so effectively lol. He might even be Rookie of the Year, the way that some of these talking heads are discussing his skills that they've "never" observed before when he was a Houston Rocket. We're used to it and have an adoring squad on our hands now.

MettaWorldPete likes this.